Prologue

Ian and Melanie have been together since 2007, they thought nothing could break them apart. Not until Melanie befriended a coworker, Jack. Melanie and Jack started hanging out more and more, which made Ian jealous, even a little upset. He felt distant from his girlfriend. Sadly to say, things eventually took a bad turn for the couple...

Melanie, where the hell have you been? I told you i was coming to your place at 7 o'clock" Ian asked angrily.

"I told you I was working late again" she responded.

"You worked for four extra hours?"

"Yes, I had so much stuff to get done because of the sick days"

"Wait, I drove you to work this morning. Who drove you home?"

"Oh, Jack stayed late too so he offered to drive me."

"Here we go with fucking Jack, always there for the rescue."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It seems that whenever you need help you go to him and not me."

"Are you seriously getting mad because I didn't want you take another hour drive to my office?"

"No, I'm getting mad because it seems you like Jack more than me."

"What are you talking about?"

Ian takes a deep breath. "Mel, is there something you're not telling me?"

"Like what?"

"Maybe that when you say you're working late, you actually mean fooling around with Jack."

Anger built up in her voice. "Are you seriously accusing me of cheating?!" She yells.

"Oh come on Melanie, you always go out with him after work. You always talk about him. Don't deny it Melanie, you love him."

"No i don't, I love you." She says, trying to calm him down.

"Yeah, okay."

"You know what; maybe I wouldn't have to go to him-"

"So, you admit you're cheating!" He cuts her off.

"No I'm not!"

"You just said it!"

"I was saying that I wouldn't have to ask for his help if my boyfriend actually cared for me!"

"What?" He shouted.

"Yeah, on all the days I was home sick you never had once bothered to say 'I hope you feel better babe' or made me food or acted like a boyfriend, no Jack did. Because you were to busy jerking off with Anthony"

"Ok if Jack is such a better person than me then why doesn't be your boyfriend for five fucking years then get his heart ripped into pieces when you leave him for another man."

The room went quiet.

"That's it, Ian we have had this same fight for the past week and half, this is never going to stop. I know I didn't cheat on you; I would never cheat on you. But if you don't know that then."

"Then what?"

"We're done" she turns around a walks to the door.

"Fine, have fun with Jack!"

"I will!" she slams the door and leaves the Smosh house in tears. Melanie runs away, not only was Ian her boyfriend, he was also her best friend. She now has no one.

Ian holds his head in his hands, wondering what the hell he did. He just let the love of his life slip away.

Little did they know a miracle was going to happen.