Home to Jersey

~Melanie's POV~

I wait at the Airport for my brother, why the hell is he taking so long? I put Noah in his car seat. And place it next to me on the bench.

"Melanie!" I hear. It's Matt; Finally.

"Matty!" I say getting up and hugging him.

"Welcome home, I missed you."

"I missed you too" we let go of the hug. He looks over and sees Noah on the bench.

"So, this is the little guy" he says kneeling down." Hi, Noah, I'm you Uncle Matt." He smiles. "Mel you must be so proud"

"I am" I smile. "Hey do you think mom will be okay with him?"

"I think she'll be happy. And dad is just excited to meet Noah."

"Will you come with me to her house?"

"Sure" he picks up my luggage and I pick up the car seat and head to his car.

"So, what have you been up to?" I ask.

"I got a new job at the hospital and I proposed to Charlotte a few months ago." He says.

"Oh my god, congratulations!" I squeal."I don't need to tell you what's been going on, you can obviously see it" i point to Noah.

"So how did Ian react to you leaving?"

"He's taking it pretty hard." I say, not mentioning the kiss. "he didn't come out of his room this morning."

"Well, he can always fly out and visit."

We get to his car and I put Noah in the back seat. We drove for half an hour until we got to our mother's house.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Yep" I say getting out of the car. I pick up Noah. "Here can you hold him out here until I get mom comfortable with the situation?"

"Sure" he says taking him from me.

I walk to the front door. Here goes nothing. I ring the door bell and there stood my mom as she opened it. She looked really surprised.

"Melanie!" She said hugging me.

"Hi mom" I say.

"I've missed you so much honey" she squeezed me tighter.

"I missed you too, now can you let me go." I struggle saying. She lets go of the hug.

"Sorry sweetie, how's everything?"

"Fine"

"Where's that boyfriend of yours. What's his name Ian?"

"We actually broke up" I say. A smile appeared on her face.

"Awe honey I'm sorry but it's for the best. You needed someone better than him anyway."

I felt a little anger inside as she said that.

"Anyway, I have someone I want you to meet. Please don't be mad at me."

"Is it Noah?" She asked. I froze. How the fuck? I'm so confused right now. "Matthew told me. Now go get him, i want to meet him."

"Okay." I walk over to Matt and give him a look.  I take Noah from him and walk back over to my mom. "Mom, this is Noah" I say. "Your grandson"

She smiled as i got closer to her. "Melanie he is absolutely perfect! He's so handsome." She says. Noah smiled and giggled at his grandmother.

"You're okay with him?"

"Melanie did you really think i would hate my own grandchild?"

"No i just thought you would hate me."

"No, honey i would never hate you. The only reason i was upset when i found out was because you didn't talk to me about it. I can tell you're doing an amazing job with him. Look how happy he is!" She says as Noah giggles one more time.

"Thank you mom" I say.

"Now let's go inside, it's getting chilly out here." She says. "Matthew honey i see you over there, want to come in?"

"No, I'm going to let you two catch up on things" he says getting in his car.

I enter my mom's house and sit on the couch.

"Honey, you want something to drink or eat?" She asks.

"Some tea will be nice" I say.

"So, Noah's father; i'm guessing it's Ian."

"Yeah."

"Oh, is he paying any child support?"

"No"

"Why not?"

"Because he helped me a lot during my pregnancy. He let me live with him even though we were broken up, he bought all of the baby stuff for me. He was there for Noah since day one."

"Where is Ian now? If he's so helpful"

"Back in Sacramento. I actually moved back here"

She walks over and hands me my tea and sits down in the couch across from me.

"Wait, you moved back, why?"

"I got a job at an art museum. And i was wondering if I can stay with you until I can find my own place?"

"Of course honey. You and Noah are allowed to stay as long as you want. Oh this is going to be so fun. But since Ian is not going to be around all of the time for Noah, why don't you consider child support?"

"No, because he's done so much for me and Noah and with Smosh I don't want to put pressure on him. Mom, remember what I said."

"I know I'm sorry. I just don't want Ian to forget about you two. He needs to step up to the plate. Just please consider it."

"Mom, I can do this on my own. Plus Ian can visit anytime he wants."

"Ok, I'll stop. Anyway, I kept your room for you. Why don't you check it out" I pick up Noah and walk to my old bedroom. My room was blue and was filled with a lot of old posters of Fall out Boy, Simple Plan, and Panic! At The Disco.

"Wow, this is a throwback." I say.

"I know I always hated coming in here with them all looking at me." She says.

"Oh yeah, Noah's stuff isn't coming for another few days. Do you have anything from when Matt and I were younger?"

"Check the attic; I kept your crib and one or two toys."

"Ok, I'll call him later and ask him to bring it out. Thank you." She exits my room; Leaving just me and Noah. "So, what do you think of grandma?" I ask Noah. He gave me a weird face. "I know she's a little strange. But hey, I had to live with her for eighteen years." He giggles. "What are you laughing at? Want me to turn into her" he giggles again. I tickle his tummy. "Huh, you want me turn into her huh" he laughs harder. I start laughing myself. I stop finally. "I would never do that to you sweetie, you're too cute." I say kissing his head. He reached up and kissed my nose, he's never done that before. "Awe, i love you too" I hugged him tightly, never wanting to let my baby go. I should try and call Ian. Maybe he'll finally talk to me. He sent me to voicemail. "Hey Ian, i just wanted to let you know we made it here safely. The plane ride wasn't fun for Noah but he got through it. But um, please call me back, soon." I hang up the phone and place it on my nightstand. Noah's starting to doze off, I should go and check the attic for the crib.