Finally Talking

~Melanie's POV~

I woke up yet again to another empty bed. I hate not seeing Ian's eyes in the morning. He's been gone all weekend in LA for a meeting at the youtube headquarters and to film an episode of youtubers react. Luckily he'll be home tomorrow. Today i really don't want to do much; just lie in bed and do nothing. But like everyday, i have mommy duties. I decided to get out of bed to check if Noah was up; which he was. I pick him up. "Ok, you're going to snuggle with mommy today." I walk back to my room and lay down in bed. I lay Noah next to me. "So, what should we do today?" He gives me a blank stare. "Me neither." Well, since i'm bored, maybe i should vlog for a bit. I grab my camera on the nightstand. "morning guys, i usually don't vlog in bed but i really don't want to move and i'm so bored right now. But i am currently laying next to the cutest, blue-eyed person in the world. You guys have to see it." I turn the camera to Noah. "Am i right?" I sigh as i turn the camera back on me. "I know, you guys were probably expecting Ian but no he had a meeting in LA and is gone all weekend!" I pout. "But at least you have me! That's what this channel is about anyway!" I turn the camera off and put it back on the nightstand. I look over at Noah. "Ok." I say, picking him up. "Lets go eat." I walk out to the kitchen and place him in his high chair. I fed him and continued my day with my mommy duties.

~~~that evening~~~

I decided to facetime Ian because well, i'm bored. I place my laptop on the floor and sit in front of it. I sit Noah on my lap. Ian picks up. "Hey you." He says.

"Hi, how's LA?" I asked.

"Good but i miss you guys alot."

"We miss you too." I say.

"Don't worry, i'll be home tomorrow."

"I hope so. Hold on a minute." I pull out my camera.

"Oh god!" Ian laughs.

I turn the camera on "Look who we're talking to. Ian say hi."

"Hello!" Ian says.

"Wow, i never realized how much i look like a butt today." I say into the facetime camera.

"Then, you are one beautiful butt." Ian says. His compliment made me giggle.

I look at Noah and put the camera on us."He is so confused right now." Ian laughs and i put the camera only on Noah. "How did daddy get in there?" I say in a baby voice.

I point the camera so you can see Ian and Noah. "Buddy, it's me." Ian says.

"Noah, say hi daddy." I say.

"Dadda." He says. I gasp louder than i expected. Ian has a big smile on his face.

"Oh my god!" I squeal. "Sweetie i'm so proud of you!" I kiss his head like a billion times. I turn the camera on me. "As you guys can tell by our excitement, Noah said his first word!" I'm starting to get tears in my eyes. "I can't believe it. And you all got to experience it with us and i'm just estatic right now." I say. I decided to turn the camera off. "Ian, can you believe it!"

"Well, i just heard it with my own ears. Daddy's so proud of you bud." Noah smiles at Ian. Ian looks over at something next to him. "Anthony did you hear it?"

"Hear what?" Anthony asked from out of sight.

"Noah just said his first word. And it was dadda."

"Really?" He asked. Suddenly Anthony appears in the shot. "Hey little buddy, Uncle Anthony is proud of you."

Suddenly a mumble is heard from Ian and Anthony's side. "Sorry Mel, we have to go."

"Ok." I frown.

"Bye Mel, bye Noah." Anthony leaves.

I frown at Ian again. "Babe, i promise i'll be back tomorrow morning."

"I know, i love you."

"I love you too babe. Be safe you guys and good night."

"Bye, good night."

The signal disconnected; now i have to wait until tomorrow to see Ian. I put Noah to bed and lie on the couch and watch TV.

~Ian's POV~

The event ended around midnight and i took the next flight home; even though it was at 2 AM. But it's worth it. I got an hour of sleep on the plane. I made it home around 3. I open the door quietly so i don't wake anyone up. I notice Melanie passed out on the couch. i smile and set my suitcase down. I walk over and pick her up; i've had to do this alot lately. She's still sound asleep. I bring her to our room and lay her in bed. I place the blanket on top of her. I kiss her forehead. Suddenly a cry was heard from the baby monitor. I quickly turned it down so Melanie didn't wake up. I walk to Noah's room and look down at him in his crib. "Hey, daddy's home." I say, picking him up. "You miss me?" I walk to the kitchen and grab a bottle from the fridge. I gave it to him and he was satisfied. "There you go. All better?" When he was done, i walked back to his room. I kiss his cheek. "Get some sleep, ok?" I place him down in his crib. "Goodnight." I close the door as i walk out. I turn to go back to bed but Melanie is standing there with her arms crossed.

"So, you come home in the middle of the night and don't tell me?" She says, jokingly. "I heard you come in."

"Melanie Moat, were you fake sleeping?" I asked jokingly.

"Maybe i was, maybe i wasn't."

I step closer to her. "What were you doing up at 3 in the morning?"

She steps even closer to me. "I have my reasons."

I put my hands on her hips. "I missed you." I smile.

"Missed you too." She wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly. We let go and i kiss her. "Why did you come home early?"

"I didn't, i said i'll be home in the morning. Anyway i couldn't stay away from you guys for much longer and i wanted to hear Noah talk in person."

"Yeah." She looked down.

"What? You ok?" I asked.

"It's nothing, just i was hoping his first word would be momma."

"Mel, are seriously upset our son's first word was dadda?"

"No, i'm not upset; I'm so, so proud of him. It doesn't make sense, i spend more time with him, i was with him all weekend and he does that to me?"

"Melanie, don't worry about it because he still loves you. Hey, just be happy his first word isn't a swear; like mine."

"What did you say?" She laughed.

"Fuck."

"Nuh-uh, no way." She says.

"I'm serious!" I laugh. "My parents didn't censor words like we do and well, out came the f-bomb from their one year old."

"You didn't talk until you were a year old? Noah's nine months and he's just starting to talk."

"Well, when did you say your first word?"

"Around his age."

"See, he got that from you. Now can we go to bed please? I'm really tired."

"Ok, come on sleepy head." She takes my hand and we go to our room. "Oh, and a piece of advice, never turn down the baby monitor."

"What, who did that?" I joke.

We climb into bed. Melanie reaches over and turns the volume up on the monitor again. I was about to dose off until Noah started crying again. "Ian, go check on him." She groans.

"I just fed him almost 20 minutes ago and i was just on a plane at 2 AM, you do it."

"Momma." Noah says.

Melanie gasps and sits up. "Ian, he did it! He said momma! Awe, i'm so proud of him."

"I heard, now i think thats a sign that he wants you."

"You're right, i should go."

Melanie leaves and Noah stops crying. Now, i can finally get some sleep.