Moving In

~Melanie's POV~

I just got back from spending a week at Ian's. It was honestly the most fun i had in a while. Great, now i come back to this boring ass apartment where i'm all alone. I liked being at Ian's. We had fun, hungout with our old friends, and living with Ian just felt right; I felt safer. But what about when the baby's born? Ian is going to have to take an hour drive here just to spend time with it. Should i just move closer to him? We really should discuss this now.

~Ian's POV~

My phone goes off and it's Melanie. Really? Now? I'm filiming Lunchtime over here with Anthony. "Dude who is it?" Anthony asked, with the camera on my face.

"No one important." I lied.

"Is it your mom?"

"Yes." I lied again.

"Go, go answer it. And tell her i said hi."

I get up and walk to the office. I really hope this isn't some big emergency. "Hey." I say.

"Hi, is this a bad time?" She asked.

"No, not at all. Why what's going on? Is everything okay?"

"We really need to talk about something."

"Um, sure go ahead."

"Do you think i should move closer to you? You know so you don't have to drive so long to see the baby."

She wants to move closer? Well i like the idea but, i rather have her live here. I'll feel better knowing she's with me and not all alone. And she's here all the time. "Why don't you just move in with me?"

"What?"

"Yeah, you already come over everyday. It'll be fine you can take the guest room."

"Um, are you sure? Won't i get in the way of work and stuff?"

"No, it'll be fine. And besides, this way i don't even have to drive to see the baby."

"Okay, let's do it. So when should i start moving?"

"Um, i guess later we can bring you and your clothes first then another day we can do the rest. Now i kind of have to go, i was filming lunchtime."

"Really? I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it. I'll see you later."

"Okay, i'll start packing. Bye."

"Bye." She hangs up and i walk back outside.

"So, what did your mom want?" Anthony asked. "Probably me right?"

I shake my head and Anthony laughs. We answered some twitter questions, partially finished our food, and then turned the camera off.

~Melanie's POV~

I didn't expect Ian to let me move in. I thought i could just move to the house for sale two streets down from the Smosh house. Well, i better start packing. Ian is going to be here in two hours. I grab all of the empty boxes folded up in the closet and start filling them up with my clothes. My clothes literally took up six boxes. I've got to stop shopping. Next i folded up my comforter and pillows from my bed and put them in the more larger boxes. I ended up packing all my personal belongings within an hour and a half. I still have time so i better start cleaning out the food from the cabinet and refridgerator. In the fridge there was food that expired even before i got pregnant. How is it even safe to live here? Everything was cleaned and cleared just as Ian knocked on the door. "Hey, ready to go?" He asked.

"Yep, i was able to pack everything!" I say.

"Wow, you have alot of stuff."

"Actually six of those are my clothes. The other small ones are just pictures and chargers for my phone and laptop. The big ones are my bedding."

"Ok, i'll bring the bedding and three of the clothing boxes out to my car and the others can go in yours." He brings out all of the boxes to the cars, not letting me lift up a finger. Next it was time to talk to the landlord of the apartment complex.

~Ian's POV~

This place is a fucking dump! I'm happy Melanie's leaving, she wouldn't be safe in this enviroment. I knock the landlords door and some short fat man opens it. "Who are you?" He asked.

"I'm Melanie, i live in 3C." Mel starts.

"Yeah, i remember now." The guys says. "And your that Ian guy." He points at me. Okay, that's not creepy at all. "So, what brings you here today?"

"Actually Don, i'm moving out." Melanie says.

"Well, that good timing, because your lease is up." He takes out a clipboard and pen and hands it to Melanie. "Initials at the top and signature at the bottom." Melanie signs everything and hands the clipboard back to Don. "So, i see you two have been busy." He points to Melanie's stomach.

"Yep, five months." Mel says.

"Luckily your moving out. This building is for adults and caged house pets only." I looked over and there was a sign. No dogs/cats, no kids, no music, no cable. Why the fuck did Melanie ever live here. "Ok, i'll be taking your keys."

Mel was about to hand them to him but then pulls them back. "I remembered my charger but i forgot my laptop."

"Well hurry up and go get it." Don says. She goes back up to the third floor. Great, she leaves me with the weird Danny DeVito looking guy. "So, i'm guessing you're the boyfriend?"

"No, we're just friends. Well we were together but we decided it was best to separate. But then she ended up pregnant so i'm staying around." I say

"Son, i got three words for you." He pauses. "Get her back."

"What?"

"you need to put a ring on that finger. You two are bringing a life into this world. Do you care for her?"

"Yes, alot."

"Then marry her. 20 years ago i was you. I loved a girl and it didn't work out. I got her pregnant and i helped her out. Our daughter was born and even though i still loved the girl, we never had a second chance. I saw the way you look at Melanie. And i think you guys are gonna make it."

Well, he pretty much told me if i don't get Melanie back i'll end up as a run down apartment manager, great. Melanie comes back downstairs with her macbook. "All set, Here you go!" Mel says, handing him the keys.

"Goodbye and goodluck." Don says.

After that Mel and I went home. While driving I kept on thinking about what Don said. What if we never get back together? What if she meets someone new and the baby loves him more than me? I have to tell her I still love her. She will either laugh at me or forgive me. I highly doubt she would do the last one. Sometimes I just want to grab her waist and pull her into a kiss, but I know I can't. When we got home i helped her set up the guest room into her own bedroom. We watched TV for a bit the Melanie crashed on the couch. I pick her up bridal style and bring her to her room. I place a blanket over her and kiss her forehead. "I love you" I whisper. I get back to my room, sit on my bed and open the draw on my nightstand. I take out the small velvet box and open it. The ring is still shining like the day I bought it. The diamond is shaped like a heart and on the band, I had 'XI XI' , the numerals for November 11th, on it. I close the box and place it back in the draw and fell asleep.