Preparing

~Ian's POV~

Today I am surprising Melanie by setting up a mini nursery in her room, since she can't do much herself being seven months pregnant. I'm also going to use this as a somewhat mother's day gift. Luckily she went out with Kalel so I had Anthony to help. I also called Sohinki, Lasercorn, and Joven. It's actually really tough to put baby stuff together. At one point i freaked the fuck out. A few hours went by and we were finally done

"Ok I think were done" I say to them.

"Finally, that was the hardest 4 hours of my life." Anthony relieved.

"So when is Melanie coming home?" Sohinki asked.

"In like 10 minutes so we finished just in time."

"I don't understand why didn't you just make a nursery in Anthony's old room?" Lasercorn questioned.

"We still need Anthony's room for some Smosh skits. Anyway Mel wants the baby close to her." I answered. "So do you think she'll like it?"

"Yes, i think she'll love it." Anthony says. I think he's annoyed by how much i asked that questions.

Just then I hear the front door open. It was Melanie and Kalel.

"Oh crap, let's go." I say pushing them out the door.

"Hey Guys" Mel smiled.

"Hey Mel" I say.

"What's everyone doing here?"

"Honestly i don't know they just showed up."

"We were bored." Joven says

"Ok, I'm going to my room then." She walked away, looking at me strangely. When she got to her room it was silent. I walked in and she was smiling at everything. "Ian, you did all of this?"

"Yeah I thought it would be a nice gift. Happy late Mother's Day Mel."

"Wait when was mother's day?" Lasercorn asked.

"Two weeks ago, May 20th." I say.

"Shit! Be right back." He left and started to talk on the phone with who i think is his mom. He definitely forgot.

"I love this. Ian i don't even know what to say; thank you so much!" She said hugging me. "You got everything! How long did it take putting it together?"

"About four hours."

"Well it looks amazing."

"I knew you'd like it."

"And Ian since Father's day is tomorrow i have something to give you." Anthony says as he leaves the room. He comes back and throws me the '#1 Dad' shirt from our 'I Have a Secret Son!' Video. "See now there's a purpose for it."

"This was mine to begin with, but thanks, i guess."

"Well we better get going, i bet Mel needs her rest after walking all day." Kalel says.

"Yeah, i'm really tired."

"Bye guys." I say.

"See ya." Anthony says.

"Bye!" Sohinki shouts.

We all give our goodbyes and now it's just Mel and I. "To be honest, i'm not really tired."

"I figured. But why did you let them leave?"

"Because with the size of this room and the size of me, not that many people should be in here."

"Mel you are not that big for seven months."

"Ian, i'm literally the elephant in the room."

"Stop it you're not fat."

"Honey boo boo's mom is a super model compare to me."

"Ok please never say that again. Now I can't get the image out of my head." I say.

"Sorry!" Mel laughs. "It's true though."

"She is big because well, she's fat. But you, you have a life inside you. And in a few months the baby will be here and then your stomach will just go back in."

"Not exactly how it works but thanks for trying!" She laughs again. She walks over to the crib. "I can't believe we have everything, and with two months to spare."

"Yep and now we can just relax and wait. But to be honest i think we have more than everything. Our little guy is spoiled."

Mel sits down in the rocking chair and sighs. "Well i'm not getting up anytime soon." She sets a hand on her stomach. "Well what are you so excited about?" She says to the baby.

"Is he kicking?"

"Yeah like crazy."

I kneel down and place my hand on her stomach. "Well now we know he's happy."

"Yeah."

"Hey little guy, it's daddy." I say to the baby.

"Why are you talking to him?" She laughs.

"Because i want to. What is it bad for a guy for talking to his unborn child? Gosh." I say jokingly.

"I'm kidding! It was very sweet." She says yawning.

"Tired?"

She stretches her arms out."Maybe just a little."

"Well i'm going to let you two rest." I get up and walk to the door.

"Um, Ian i kind of need a little help." She says with her arms out.

"Right." I take ahold of her hands and pull her up and out of the rocking chair. "There you go.

"Thanks." She slowly climbs in bed and places the blanket over her. I turn around to the door again and start to walk out. "Hey Ian."

"Yeah?"

"Thank you so much, for everything." She says.

"No problem." I smile. "Anything for you two." I walk out and close the door behind me.

~Melanie's POV~

I woke up and it's now 6:30 PM; i slept for four hours. I sit up in bed and look over at the crib then at everything else baby in the room. I felt excited, but also overwhelmed when looking at it all. I look down and place my hand on my growing belly; rubbing it slowly. It usually helps me calm down. "You're going to love it out here." I whisper to the baby. "Yeah, and daddy and I are going to love so much that you are going to be so annoyed by us." He starts kicking again; i think he's trying to respond. "But don't worry, you're going to be fine." I slowly get up from bed and walk out to the kitchen for a snack. Ian is passed out on the couch with Family Guy on the TV. I grab an apple from the fridge and start to walk back to my room. I stopped when i noticed the screen on his laptop; he was looking at a list of baby boy names. We're still stuck with names. Actually we've never discussed it. I don't even know who's last name he's taking, let alone first and middle. I quickly went through the list and saw a few i liked. The one i liked the most was Noah. All i know is we are definitely not naming him Michael or stephan, no matter how happy it would make one of our fathers. And especially no Ian Andrew Hecox II; i don't even think Ian wants that. I turn off his laptop so it doesn't run out of battery and close it. I turn the TV off and kiss Ian's forehead; i know it was unintentional but i felt like i needed to. I pick up my apple from the table and go back to my room.