The Big Arrival

~Melanie's POV~

My legs were in stirrups and the nurses already had the supplies out. Ian's left arm was behind my neck and he was holding my hand in his right hand. Him and one of the nurses coach my breathing. We still wait for everything to be set up.

"You ready?" Ian asked.

"A little scared but, yes" i say in between breaths.

"You'll do great" he says. "Oh wait." He takes out his phone and gives it to the nurse. "Can you film?"

"Sure!" She says.

I look at Ian. "I don't have an actual camera." He says. Luckily the nurse was about our age so she probably knows how to use an iPhone.

"Melanie, at the next contraction, i want you to start pushing ok?" I heard the doctor say.

"Ok, oh god!" I immediately start pushing. it hurts so fucking much. The nurses counted to ten. I stop pushing and take a small breath. I then start pushing again.

"Great Melanie you're doing awesome."

I stop pushing again to take another breath. My eyes are beginning to water from the pain.

"You're doing great Melanie" Ian whispers

I push twice more. "Baby's starting to crown." The doctor says. "Ian do you want to look?"

"Sure." He says. Ian gets up without letting go of my hand. His eyebrows raise as his jaw dropped. "Oh my god, Melanie how the hell are you doing this?"

"Ian not helping!" I say as I push again.

"I feel so much guilt right now."

"You should!" I say, as I push again.

"Ian i need you pull her leg back alittle." The doctor says. so much pressure was released from my back when he did it. "Feel better Melanie?"

"Yeah a little." I stop pushing a take a few seconds to breathe. A nurse takes Ian's spot and he sits back down next to me. I push three more times and then the pressure went down a bit more.

"Great Melanie, we already got the head, now they're may be a little more pressure getting the rest of him out so you have to push a little harder this time." The doctor ordered.

I push harder than I did before. It again brought more pain. I squeeze Ian's hand tighter. I tried so hard not to make any screaming. I let out a little whimp.

"Good job Mel." Ian says.

It's his shoulders that are taking forever to come out. I pushed twice more. I don't know if I can take it any longer. I just want this over with. As I stopped pushing I began crying a little.

"Alright Melanie just one more big push and you're done." The doctor said

"I can't do it, I just can't." I cried.

"Yes you can Mel, he's almost here." Ian whispered.

"No Ian, I'm trying but i really can't"

"Melanie, you have to keep pushing you can't stop now" the doctor says. "Just relax and start pushing when you're ready."

I take a deep breath then push with all of my strength. At this point I felt the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. I pretty much just broke Ian's hand.

"Ahh!" I groan.

"Good job Melanie, keep going." The doctor said.

"You're almost there Mel" Ian says.