A New Hecox

~Melanie's POV~

I place Noah in his high chair and open the jar of baby food. "Ok Noah, we're going to try this again" I say. "Don't throw it on me though; I've had three shirt changes today." He lets out a cute giggle. I get some food on the spoon. "Ready?" I say. His smile went away. I inch the spoon towards him. He refuses to open his mouth. "Come on sweetie, you can't live on milk for the rest of your life." Noah gave me a blank stare. Suddenly I hear a noise in the backyard. I get up and open the slider door, there was nothing out there. "Hello?" I say. "Ian?" I'm getting frustrated now. "Ian if this is a joke it's not funny" I yell. I hear the gate open. A dog ran in and over to me. It was a large German shepherd; she has to be the cutest dog I've ever seen. "Hi, where are you from? Awe you're so cute" I say kneeling down and playing with her. I hear the gate open again.

"Surprise!" Ian says.

"Ian you got a dog!"

"Yes, and I don't think you were properly introduced. Mel, this is Daisy."

"Where did you get her from?"

"There was an SPCA adoption event downtown, I walked by, saw her and knew I had to bring her home."

"Ian, are you sure about this?"

"Why are you questioning her? I thought you loved dogs?"

"I do, I really do. It's just we have a three month old baby in the house and I don't know if she's kid friendly." I hear a thump for inside, I ran in quickly to check on Noah. When I found him he was covered in baby food and the jar was broken on the ground. "Oh, so you will play in it but not eat it." I say. He giggles again.

"Trying to get him to eat again?" Ian asked.

"Yes, and I'm not doing a good job at it" i say.

Daisy enters the house and starts sniffing around. She goes over to the baby food on the ground and licks it up. She starts sniffing the area around the high chair and stops when she sees Noah. "Daisy, that's a person, don't hurt him" I say. Daisy gets closer to him. "Ian, I don't like this!" Daisy then starts licking the baby food off of Noah. He was laughing, a lot. When she was done, she continued to look at him. He puts his hand out and she bumps it with her head.

"See there is nothing to worry about, they're already best friends." Ian says. I keep smiling. "Come on, you know you want to keep her. You love her already."

"Ok fine, we can keep her." I smile

"Yes, you hear that dais, you're here to stay." He says kneeling down. Daisy runs over to him, tackling him down and licking his face all over.

"Awe, good job Daisy" I laugh. "Now let's get you cleaned up." I go over to Noah and pick him up. I grab a wash cloth and wipe off the dog spit and baby food off his skin. Then I go to his room and put new clothes on him. I place him in his crib for his nap and walk out to the living room, where Ian is still playing with Daisy. I join him. I'm glad Ian got her, we both love dogs and we've always thought of getting one when we were together, but we never had time. Getting Daisy now is even better. After all, no family is complete without a pet.