Minutes to Spare

~Melanie's POV~

I've been in labor for almost 8 hrs and the last time they checked I was about 7 centimeters and that was 2 hrs ago. And the worst part is Ian is still not here. he told me he got on the plane but he hasn't said he has gotten off. the doctor comes in as another contraction hits. poor Kalel, i pretty much broke her hand. "eight hours without an epidural, you're a fighter." she says.

"so, how long do you think before i start pushing?" i asked.

"well, i have to check first." she lifts up my legs and nods. "Melanie you are nine centimeters. looks like we should begin discharging you and bring you to the delivery room! i'll get the nurses." she leaves and i look at Kalel.

"What am i going to do, Ian's not here."

"i'm sorry Mel. but hey, you're not totally alone. i'll film it for him, dont worry." i look down and i feel my eyes tearing up. "hey, Ian or not you'll do awesome. you're bringing your baby boy into this world, you should be happy."

"I am! trust me!"

"i'll go call Ian and tell him."

~Ian's POV~

i got off the plane and grab my luggage from security. i was waiting outside for another cab when Kalel calls me. "Hey, i'm off the plane. tell Melanie i'll be there soon."

"Ian, shes already nine centimeters and her doctor is prepping for delivery. even if you are on the road now you might not make it."

"no, i will! i am not missing the birth of my child. look my ride is here tell Melanie i'll be there." i hang up angrily and get inside the car. "Listen you have to drive me to St George's hospital asap! my Girlfriend is about to have our child and i can't miss it. i"ll pay you as much as you want if you could get me there quick." i know i just called Melanie my girlfriend but i didn't want to explain the whole story again.

"say no more!" the driver says. he quickly hits the gas and hits the exit to the hospital. we were there within 20 minutes. he pulls up to the front of the ER and i get out.

"Thank you so much! just swipe my card and take as much as you want."

"this one is on me. now hurry! and congratulations" he says.

I close the door and i run into the hospital. "Hi i'm um, looking for Melanie Moat; shes having a baby." i say to the lady at the desk.

she types on the computer quickly. "women and infants second floor room 412. i take it you're the father?"

"yes."

"well, congrats!"

"thank you." i go into the elevator and race up to the second floor. i look at the folder in front of room 412, she's still in there. i can't believe it, i actually made it.

~Melanie's POV~

the doctor and nurses come back in and start preparing everything. the nurses set up the babys warmer with a blanket, his hospital bracelet and a blue hat. i'm trying to stay as calm and positive as possible but the fact the Ian isn't making it upsets me. "excuse me sir, you can't come in here." i hear the nurse say from the door.

"no, it's okay, im the father." i look up and Ian is standing there. yes! i knew it! i feel my eyes tearing up already.

"is this him?" she asked me.

"yes!" i say with a smile. the nurse allows Ian in and Kalel gets up.

"i'm going to let you two go through this alone. good luck!" she starts to walk towards the door. "wait Ian wheres Anthony?"

"Still in LA." he says.

"of course." she sighs. she walks out and Ian sits down next to me.

"you made it!" i say excitedly.

"i told you i would. i wouldn't miss this for anything." i feel the tears going down my cheeks. "you okay?"

"we're finally going to meet our son!" i cried. "we've been waiting for months and now it's actually happening!" Ian chuckles at me and takes ahold of my hand.  A contraction comes again and I breathe in and out. Ian pushes my hair out of my face. "Almost there Mel. You're doing great."

"Melanie, i'm going to check you again, okay?" the doctor says, lifting up my legs. i grip Ian's hand tighter and cringe as the pressure increased to my lower abdomen. "Well, you're ten cenimeters! time to have a baby."

i look an Ian and he smiles at me. the nurse starts wheeling my down to the delivery room and Ian walks right next to me. this is it, we're about to meet our baby boy!