Bad Timing

~Melanie's POV~

"It's open!" i yell from the couch.

Kalel enters and walks over to me. "Hey Mel!"

"thanks for coming by. with Ian in LA I'm kind of scared to be alone."

"no problem! i've been like that lately with Anthony. they've been working there asses off lately and Anthony is barely around."

"well Ian wants to get alot done before the baby comes so i guess its my fault."

"no its not. but i do have a question, why would Ian leave you alone when you could pop anyday now?"

"anyday? Kalel i'm only 36 weeks, i still have a month. even if i did go into labor now my doctor said it'll be fine because i reached the ninth month. now, enough about baby stuff. so, did you start the wedding planning yet?"

"Melanie we just got engaged last week"

"well it's never to late to start!"

"we don't even know when the date is. we know we want it to be October tenth but we dont know if we should have it next year or in 2015."

"i would go with 2015, your wedding has to be perfect and with you being the perfectionist you are it is going to take alot of work."

"true!" she laughs. i laugh along until i felt a sheer of pain hit my stomach. great, more braxton hicks contractions. i've been having them on and off for the past few days.

"that's uncomfortable."

"you okay?" she asked with worry.

"just another braxton hicks contraction that's it." i say as it ends.

"see, i knew Ian shouldn't have left!"

"Kalel its fine, they are just preparing my body for the real thing. now, let's play some of Ians video games!"

"like what?"

"anything except his Mass Effect games. he'd kill us if we touched them."

"Anthony is like that with every game for his 3DS."

"they are such nerds."

"just incase we break anything how about we just go onto netflix and find something."

"yeah that sounds better." i turn on the xbox and go to netflix the first thing that pops up is The Hunger Games. we agreed to watch it because it's been a while since we saw it in theaters. and with Catching fire coming out soon i want to refresh my memory. coming from the big book worm i am, the book is alot better than the movie. everything was going fine until i feel another braxton hicks. it was along stronger than usual. Something doesn't feel right. is this the real deal? no, it can't be. i try and hide my pain written face from Kalel. she looks over at me.

"Melanie?"

"yes?"

"i'm taking you to the hospital, like now."

"no!"

"yes, and don't say you're fine because you clearly don't look fine. now do you have a bag packed already?"

"yes, it's near the door." she helps me up and picks up the bag. we get to her car quickly and she drives off. there is no way i'm in labor. and if i am i really must have jinxed myself. i feel another contraction after fifteen minutes and it is by far the worst one i've felt. "Shit!" i groan.

"Hold on we'll be there in a few. call Ian!"

i get out my phone and text Ian the secret picture. we made this up because it's a quicker way to say its time than waiting for him to pick up his phone. i can't believe this is happening now. Ian better make it.

~Ians POV~

I have been so anxious the past four days. i've never left Melanie alone for so long before and with her really far in her pregnancy i'm scared something will happen. but luckily i am able to hide this anxiety so i can be on Youtubers React. Anthony and I are waitng outside the filming room. right now Harley Morenstein is in there. i think Anthony can tell im nervous about something. "worried about Mel?" he asked.

"just a little."

"see, i told you we could've done this another day."

"no, i am here to do this for the fine brothers and Melanie knows what to do if anything happens."

"like what?"

"well, if she went into labor she'd text me our secret picture."

"why?"

"i don't know, she made it up when she was bored. but if i keep my phone with me at all times i will never miss it."

"um, does the picture happen to be a baby duck?"

"yeah, how did you know?" he nods down and my lap. my phone is glowing with the picture right there; Melanie sent it. no, no, this can't be she must be kidding, right? she can't be in labor. "shit!"

"okay, Ian calm down. just call Melanie and see whats going on. if you have to leave i'll tell Benny and Rafi it's just me today."

"okay." i say as i take a deep breath. i take my phone and dial Melanie's number. "Hey Ian." She says with a bit of worry with her voice.

"Melanie what's going on? are you sure this is it?" i asked, with even pausing in between questions.

"I think so. I started having contractions an hour ago and since then they've been coming every twelve or fifteen minutes."

"did your water break?"

"not yet, now are you coming home?"

"now we have a problem."

"why?"

"the next flight to Sacramento isn't until midnight."

"that's not for another six hours! i could give birth by then!"

"i know, but even if i drive it would take me the same amount of time to get there."

"Ian i need you here. i can't do this alone."

"you're not, Kalel is with you. keep updating me on everything okay and i'll make it back as soon as possible."

"okay."

"i'll see you soon."

"okay, bye."

"bye." i hang up and leave the office building. i take an uber to my hotel room for my luggage and back to the airport. i wait by the gate to my flight as Melanie texts me what's going on. she made it to the hospital and she's checked in. she's already two centimeters dialated. after three hours go by i got another text. her water finally broke and she's five centimeters now. shit, she's halfway there and i'm not even on the plane yet. i better make it, i can't miss my son's birth!