The Jerk

Ally P.O.V

I walked out of my room, and by the door stood Nathan looking angrier and redder in the face than when I last saw him. He wore a dirty brown button up shirt. And long darker brown pants. The pants had a huge patch on his hip from where he was attacked by blood hungry rouge.  Or so he says that anyway. He looked at me like I was the devil himself. If only! If I was I would-

"What is it, Nathan?" I asked really tired, and not in the mood for dealing with him.

"You didn't clean the 'Gold' room!" He hissed with an evil grin on his face. "I should punish you for that! Now let me see..." he put his hand on his bony chin as if he was thinking.

I rolled my eyes at him. I had forgotten how stupid he was...again. He told me not to touch the room. As that was where the Prince would be staying.  Nathan wanted to take all the credit....again and show off how well 'he' took care of the room all for him.

But as usual, he was too lazy to do any work. Ever since he got here, he would always have someone else to do his work. Then, when we were too tired to say anything, he would go in and take in all credit. He had never worked in the last three years that he has been here. And I was getting sick of it. But what can I do about it? I was a slave, and I will always be.

"What, Nathan? Did you forget what you told me? What you told the others? Well then, let me remind you...'Ally don't bother doing the 'Gold' room tomorrow...I'll be doing it and I'll get the credit, that I deserve...as I always do.' Does this ring a bell?" I smiled.

He froze, then became even angrier than before.

"St...stop....Stop lying...now go get cleaning the room! The prince is on his way!If it isn't ready by the time he arrives so help me!" Nathan hissed.

I rolled my eyes, it wasn't worth the fight. I ran up the stairs and finally got to the Gold room. It was the size of a ballroom. The whole room was in an odd shaped square.  The walls were painted an ugly gold. The curtains barely covered the roof high and wide windows on one side of the room.

The bed was on the other side of the room.  It was a four poster bed with beautiful sunset colored drapes. The bed was beautifully made. It hasn't been used in over a year. However, I still have to come here every day to remove the blankets and sheets and have them all washed. I have to do this, as well after cleaning the room and my many...many jobs.

I went to the hidden closet behind the golden drapes on the wall. From there, I grabbed the clean sheets and blankets and brought them out. I removed the blankets and placed the new ones on. Then I picked up the old blanket and sheet from the bed. The pile was so tall that it hid my face. But as I did this the door crashed open.  I then could hear mad, yet worried whispers coming from someone coming in. Great.  It must have been Nathan.... coming to yell at me... again.

"What is-"I tried to ask before getting cut off.

"God,  what are you doing still working on the room?" A strange male voice hissed. "How slow are you? Couldn't they get someone better for me?"

Who is this guy? He was a jerk, and I know jerks I work with many every day!  But, I knew I had to bite my lip.

"I'm sorry, sir..." I whispered with an awkward bow, as I tried to balance the washing pile.

I heard his deep sigh.

"Just hurry up, and leave. I don't have time to deal with a pathetic slave today! I have had a long day" He hissed at me.

For some reason,  my wolf felt hurt that he spoke to us like that. But, I also felt angry at the guy. Who the hell do you think he is? Normally, people just ignore us or make a joke about us to their 'friends'. But I didn't care about that. It was normal...but I can't stand when the people were jerks.

But I let it go, and I left the room as soon as I could. As soon as I was out of the room the guy slammed the door behind me. I was so angry, I just wanted to go back in there, and see what the hell is his problem was. But, I counted to ten and felt sorry for his mate. They have to live with that! But why was he in the gold room? I  just shook my head and moved on.

****************************

I was washing the stupid prince's blankets outside. Then Nathan came in red face and all. I just ignored him and did my job. Till I felt pain shoot up my back. I swore out loud as one of my hands went to my back to find the source of the pain. Only to have something smack my hand as well as my back, and I screamed falling to the dirt floor. Nathan is hitting me; with a strange black rope. I knew it had to be a whip.

After a while, he left me as I sobbed on the ground. I cried until I heard the sound of footsteps running towards me. I immediately stopped crying and tried to get back up. Not wanting another whipping. But the pain in my back made me fall back down onto my knees.

"Ally, what happened?" I heard Sam's voice call.  

I sighed...thank god.. it was just the guys. They finally made it to me, and I heard Troy swear. I guess they saw the whip marks on my back.

"Oh my god..." I heard Sam whispered. "God...Troy look! she is bleeding!"

"Come on Sam, help me get her inside!" Troy said, rolling me onto my back.

I hissed in pain, and couldn't help but cry again.

"Sorry!" Troy yelled.

They both carried me inside; trying not to touch my back as they did so. But, as we got to the kitchen we heard shouting from the alpha's dining room upstairs.

"What do you mean I'm not your mate?" I heard Amy, the alphas daughter yell.

I guess the king and the prince were here. Then it all clicked... the 'jerk' was the prince! Oh perfect, I should have known it was him. Oh god, I am I glad I was that black wolf's mate in the and not his.