The Black Wolf

As I was lost in my thoughts, a strange black shadow caught the corner of my eye. I immediately stopped and then began running in fear,  and looked around panicked trying to find the source. At first, couldn't see anything but trees and bushes. That was until a huge black furred alpha wolf jumped in front of me.  His golden eyes were in slits, confirming what I already guessed. His wolf had taken over, and this wasn't good for me.  

He started to hiss and growl at me. He was baring his sharp teeth at me. Instead of being scared, as any normal person should have been... I wasn't. Instead, I wanted to run towards him. My wolf was screaming something in my head.  But I just choose to ignore her.

The strange black wolf bent down in an attack stance. I bent down as well ready for what was coming. I mean a normal wolf couldn't take a down an alpha wolf. I had no chance.  Within a minute he had pounced towards me. Out of instinct, I took the chance and ducked out of the way. He landed with a loud thump onto the dirt ground. But he was back up on his feet again within seconds and had me pinned. He bit down hard on my shoulder. I yelped loudly out in pain.

Somehow I managed to knock his heavy weight off of me. He rolled for a little while before standing back up. He growled at me, his eyes growling. Then he looked me dead in the eye as if to challenge me. He froze as he did, though. I suddenly lost the need to protect myself...I suddenly felt as if he was all the protection I needed. But I shook my head...stupid Ally stop it! Did you forget about the huge bite he took out of you?

The wolf had stopped growling. He was now slowly walking towards me.  He kept eye contact the entire time he walked toward me. I remained frozen, waiting for my chance to escape. His eyes finally moved from my eyes and then fell onto my bleeding wound on my shoulder.  That was now beginning to paint my snow white fur red. His eye flashed hurt and guilt at the wound. Why would he be feeling pain and guilt? Wasn't he the one that was attacking me?

He walked towards me and before I could hit him with my paw, he did something that shocked me to my core. He started to lovingly lick the blood away. I was frozen in my spot wondering, what the heck this alpha is doing? This was when my wolf shouted something I didn't want to hear.

'MATE' she screamed in my head.                                                                                                

No...No... it can't be....I can't have a mate!  The wolf who was meant to be my 'mate' licked my wound then stepped back. Then, my body took a mind of its own, and I ran as fast as I could away from the black wolf. But I could hear the thumps of him chasing behind me. But I somehow managed to lose him and beat him to the alphas house.

I changed back to my simple brown haired human form. I got dressed in my old dirty slave uniform that I had hidden behind a tree. It was meant to be a plain gray dress. Now it was all patched up and full of holes. My emerald eyes searched the trees for any sign of the black wolf. But I found none, and took a deep breath and ran inside. I ran into the small room I shared with Troy and Sam and slammed the door shut behind me.

I slowly slid down the door still gasping. Meanwhile, my wolf was having a ball. Going on and on about our stupid mate. Maybe....maybe he won't be able to find me! Then I hit myself, he could just follow my trail. It was only a matter of time. I can only hope that he doesn't find me.

"Ally, get your butt out here now!" Nathan screamed from outside banging on the door.

Oh great, what did I do now?

Nathan was a sixty-year-old balding man. He thought he was the boss of everyone. Although, he was no better than what I am. But we listen to him because we are usually all too tired to care.  I took a deep breath and stepped out. Everything will be fine... at least I hope it will.