Disaster Date

"Uhuhu" he coughed. And I was brought back from the trance. I was sitting in the posh restaurant of Delhi. He was talking. Non-stop. His face was flushed. It amused me seeing how a guy can blush like a girl and at the same time brag about his father's bank balance and properties that he is gonna inherit. I came to Delhi with my parents to see this guy. My parents planned our meet with the high hopes of me agreeing to marry him. We both were planning to be practice in our respective fields (Me being Chartered Accountant and him being an Interior Designer). We both belonged to same community and our parents belonged to same native village.

He was busy bragging about his properties (which were outcome of struggles and excellent business sense of his father). I suppressed my urge to ask him "What have YOU done in your life till now?" I wanted someone to be ambitious, have some goals in his own life and not being a spoilt brat and enjoy his father's money. He bragged about how much proposals he has received till now. I wanted to remind him that it was because his father's money. But again I kept my mouth shut. I belonged to a rich family so naturally I was not awed by his money. I had seen my father struggling to reach at a very respectable level. I wanted someone who had ambitions and capability to fulfill his own dreams as well as help me to fulfil mine.

So here I was trapped with him. My parents  had asked me to treat him with respect. But trust me he pissed me off ( he asked me whether I had any affairs in past, in 3 different ways even though I continued to give him the same answer. By the way even if I had relationships in past, it was none of his business. It doesn't matter what your past it. It matters with whom you can share your life)

He made me meet him 3 times. He didn't allow me to speak anything. I had to miss my lectures back in Ahmedabad (city located in Gujarat, India).He had came with full preparation.. by mugging the questions. So whenever he would ask me any tricky question, I would turn those questions back to him by saying "what about you? " Therefore he stopped asking me those questions. But one thing was sure. This guy was insecure and in future he won't be able to tolerate it if I have more successful career than him.

The first thing that I will do after reaching home is to ask my parents to stop looking for guys. I don't want spoilt brats. The red alert was when he asked about the dowry that I was gonna inherit from my father. That was a red alert for me...

However I couldnt do anything but to tolerate his non stop chatter.