Chapter 16

“I swear, if we have Snape again, I'm walking out,” Fred says as we leave Transfiguration.

“I don't think you'll be alone in that,” I say, “keep your fingers crossed.”

“Check,” Alicia says as we approach the classroom, “Fred, go and check.”

“Me? Why me?”

“I'll check,” Angelina says. She creeps up and pokes her head in.

“It's fine,” she calls, “Lupin's back!”

We file into the class and take our seats.

“Professor! Snape-”

“I know,” Lupin interrupts, “I've had every other class today tell me about the essay, you don't have to do it.”

I groan, along with the other Ravenclaws. Lupin chuckles.

“Has anyone finished it already?” he asks. I raise my hand. All the other Ravenclaws' hands are in the air too.

“Ten points each,” Lupin says, “if you want to hand them in, I'll mark them for you.”

“Can we burn them afterwards?” I ask.

Lupin laughs at me.

“If you want to,” he says, “now, where were we before Christmas interrupted us?”

“We're starting Quidditch practice tomorrow,” George says as we pack up, “I guess it'll be back to studying together.”

“Well, it's better than nothing,” I sigh, picking my bag up, “at least we can watch the Slytherin verses Ravenclaw game together, right?”

“Yeah, I'll even pretend to be thrilled when Ravenclaw scores,” he laughs, “if they sco-”

“Aurelia, stay behind, please.”

I groan and turn to Lupin.

“Why?” I complain. He glances at George and I sigh.

“I'll meet you downstairs,” I grumble. He nods and follows the rest of the class out.

“I received a letter from your parents,” Lupin says, taking a piece of parchment out of his desk. I stand up straight.

“What?!”

“They asked that I ensure you inform Mr Weasley of your – how do they put it?” he looks down at the letter, “ah yes, your 'state of being'.”

He looks up at me and raises his eyebrows. I shake my head.

“They will not let this drop,” I mutter, “I'll write to them, don't worry about it.”

“I'm not worried about that, I think they're right,” he says, “if you really like him-”

“I know, I know,” I sigh, “they've been at me about it, too. Is that all?”

“Actually, no,” Lupin says, “I've had a discussion with Professors Dumbledore and Flitwick and we've decided that you will be given Friday nights to feed.”

“How often?” I ask.

“Every Friday night,” Lupin says. I widen my eyes.

“If any one asks,” he says smoothly, “you can tell them that you are receiving extra classes with me.”

“Wow, okay,” I say, “do I have to feed every week?”

“Yes,” Lupin states firmly, “we're not willing to put anyone at risk, or put you through what you had to go through last term.”