Chapter 44

"Aurelia! Aurelia, wake up!"

I jerk wake and rub my eyes.

"What?" I mumble.

"Were you having a sex dream?" Georgiana asks. I blush deeply.

"No..."

"Are you sure? You were moaning and..." she gestures to my pillow. It's torn to shreds. I feel my fangs slide back in and scrape a feather off my tongue.

"Gross," I mutter. Georgiana laughs at me.

"First meeting tonight," she says with a grin.

A few hours later and it's time for the meeting. I'm running late as I have Ancient Studies right before. I burst into the room and everyone freezes, staring at me.

"Sorry," I say, closing the door behind me, "I, uh, had class..."

I slink over and sit down next to George.

"No problem," Harry says, "we're just about to divide into pairs and practice the disarming spell."

Everyone starts pairing off and George looks at me with a smirk.

"Up for it?" he asks.

"As long as you're ready to lose," I say, smirking back.

By the end of the lesson George and I have disarmed each other countless times. It's gotten strangely flirtatious, which I doubt will happen in a battle or duel. We leave the room hand in hand and Angelina, Alicia, Georgiana, Lee and Fred catch us up.

"That was great, wasn't it?" Angelina enthuses, "better than Umbridge."

"It was," Georgiana agrees, "but I'm knackered. Come on, Aurelia."

The others head up to Gryffindor tower, but George hangs back with me.

"Come up for a bit," he murmurs enticingly. I remember my dream from this morning and the state of my pillow.

"Um, no thanks," I say, detaching myself from him, "I'm pretty tired."

"Please?"

"Not tonight," I say, kissing him on the cheek, "I'll see you tomorrow."

I run to catch up with Georgiana who raises an eyebrow at me.

"What?" I ask.

"You know he wants to, ya know," she winks at me. I roll my eyes.

"Sex," I say, "it's just a word."

"Yeah, so is You-Know-Who's name," Georgiana points out, "anyway, don't you want to, ya know?"

"You know I can't," I tell her.

"Well, yeah, but he doesn't," she says, "and if you keep blowing him off, he's going to think you don't want to."

"We're young," I exclaim, "we have our whole lives ahead of us! Why does it need to be now?"

"I think you need to tell him, Fangs," Georgiana says, "sooner rather than later."

***

November second brings about the first match of the Quidditch season, Gryffindor vs Slytherin. From what Fred and George have said about their brother's keeping abilities, there's not much hope for them, but maybe Angelina and Alicia will be able to make up for that.

"Who're you cheering for today?" George asks as I walk him down to the pitch.

"Hmm, I wonder."

"I just want to hear you say it," George grins.