Chapter 64

"Spring wedding or Autumn?" George asks, walking past me with another box of stuff.

"Can't this wait until we've finished moving in?" I ask, propping the door open with an ugly vase.

"I can multi-task," George says, coming back downstairs, "also, you know that your parents have labeled one of the rooms 'nursery', right?"

"Ugh, I know," I sigh, walking down to the car to get another couple of boxes, "subtly is not their strong point."

"Well, I'm not in any rush for babies," George says, "where does this one go?"

"Uh, bathroom," I say, "me either. Definitely not until we're settled."

"And we've finished putting together the new Hogsmeade shop," George adds, "that one is the kitchen."

"Right, I mean, we have a wedding to plan already," I say, "and with work and everything..." 

George stops me in the doorway and kisses me.

"No babies yet," he says, "we're in agreement."

"Right," I smile, kissing him, "I'll get the last of the stuff from the car."

"I'm glad we don't have a lot of stuff yet," George says as we organise the kitchen.

"Well, I was still living with my parents, and you left most of your stuff for Fred and Georgiana."

"Who are doing so much better now," George says, "what happened?"

"I think something happened during the Battle of Hogwarts," I say, "Georgiana was vague, but I think it boiled down to neither of them wanting to lose the other."

"I can empathise," George says, wrapping his arms around me. There's a knock on the door and I sigh.

"If this is my parents, I'm going postal," I say, walking towards the door.

"Aurelia! Darling!"

"Mum, Dad," I say, "you're here."

"We bought you a little house warming gift," Mum says, handing me a bottle of wine and walking into the house, "oh, you're still unpacking."

"We only moved in today," I point out.

"Well, we were just wondering if you've made any progress on the wedding planning," Mum says, "hello, George, dear."

"Hello."

"Not yet," I say.

"Well, I know some fantastic planners, if you want," Mum says, "but we were thinking, why not have it at our place?!"

"We'll think about it," I lie. Mum smiles.

"Well, we'll leave you to it," she says with a wink.

"We're not having at their place," I say as soon as they're gone. George laughs.

"So, Spring or Autumn?" he asks.

"Well, if we do it in Autumn, that's a little over a year away," I ponder.

"Ari, it's been Autumn for over two months," George points out, amused.

"Oh," I say, "well, then it's only a few months until Spring. That's not much time. And you and Fred were going to finalise the shop in Spring."

"So, Autumn then," George says.

"Why not Winter?"

"Because the humans will freeze, as you insist on having it outdoors."

"Summer?"

"Too busy at the shop."

"Fine, next Autumn it is," I say, "so, that narrows it down to ninety-one days instead of three hundred and sixty-five. We're doing well."