43: Mummy

Im so tired right now. Sorry in advance for spelling mistakes and if this doesn't make any sense i had a better idea but i was too tired to write it 😂

☆☆☆☆☆☆
Edmund drummed his fingers on his desk impatiently, listening to the boring history lessons was the hardest, he had learned all the math and most of the English and spelling was crucial to treaties.

But he had to relearn all the history he had previously learned before Narnia.

"Mr. Pevensie, are you listening?" The teacher, Mrs. Rogers asked. Edmund nodded absent-mindedly.

"Yes ma'am. He mumbled. She smiled sadly.

"Well then, if you can come up in the front and explain to us why remembering the dead is so important for some cultures?" She asked. He nodded and stood up, walking confidently to the front. He took a deep breath and turned around.

"Remembering those who have died before us is important because they have taught us, whether it is good or bad lessons which they have taught us. Some cultures have time periods in which the people grieve, others, like ancient Egypt have special ceremonies and rituals to celebrate and prepare those people's bodies for the next life mummies are a good example of it, they had specific purposes, but what I think is more important is remembering those who died to save us, they risk everything for us." He said, he looked at his teacher who nodded slowly, in shock at her young student.

"That was lovely, Edmund. You-"

Suddenly the bell rang and the class ran off to their next classes.

"Would you mind teaching this class next Tuesday? I am picking up my husband. He's returning from the war." She asked. Edmund smiled.

"Yes ma'am, that would be fine."

"Alright. We will actually be talking about ancient Egypt." She winked. Edmund chuckled.

"You may need to give me the papers so I can read up on them... I'm not sure how much I actually know on that topic." He said. She smiled and pulled a stack of papers from her desk and handed them to him.

"Thanks!" She said, then walked out of the room quickly with a smile on her face.

Edmund looked at the title of the top page.

"Why would anyone want to learn about an ancient civilization and their burial customs?" He muttered out loud.