18: Beautiful

Edmund twirled his two year old daughter, Athena, around. She giggled and he caught he as she fell, scooping her up he tossed her in the air. She laughed and held onto his shirt tight.

"Not again." She said. He looked at her, her dark brown eyes sparkled with laughter, and they were nearly shutting as she sleeping blinked.

"Are you sleepy?" He asked. She shook her head, yawning as she did. He chuckled.

"Are you absolutely sure?" He asked. She nodded and leaned her head against his shoulder.

"Let's go find a book to read." He murmured. Going upstairs he found a book. After he finished it he looked down at her. She was fast asleep, sucking her thumb contentedly.

He kissed her chubby cheek and went to put her in bed. Then decided to just sit with her. He leaned back and studied her features silently. She looked the most like him. Her dark brown eyes and dark hair was the exact shade of his. Everyone agreed she acted like him too. Edmund didn't exactly know if that was an insult or a complement. But they also agreed she was one of the cutest babies ever, so it really didn't matter.

"Edmund?"

Elora had walked into the room, hands on her hip. He looked at her.

"Are you okay? You're not sick? Are you?" She asked. She felt his forehead.

"No. I'm fine. I'm just too tired to move." He said, with a slight smile, looking down at Athena. Elora rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"I know as well as you do that you are not too tired. You have had too much sugar to be tired." She retorted, tapping his nose. He chuckled.

"Trrruuue." He held out the 'u' for a moment longer.

"You were just too much in awe of how cute your daughter is. No judgement. I do the same." She smirked. He laughed. Athena rolled in his arms.

"Yeah. You guessed right. I'll be down in a moment."

"Okay. I'll make your excuses." She said. He mumbled a thanks an looked back down at Athena.

When Elora came back up about thirty minutes later she wasn't very surprised to find Edmund asleep. His mouth opened slightly as he snored. Athena in his arms sleeping as well. She laughed and put Athena in her crib. Then kissed Edmund's cheek and fell asleep beside him.