38: Taken

Ok so i dont know how much this story is actually canon in my books but oh well, it's still cute ;) and i KNOW it has a cheesy ending but that makes it all the more cute.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Ten year old Edmund sat on the edge of the beach, deep in thought. He was far away from Cair Paravel. He was actually visiting Archenland with his brother and sisters. He was on the beach thinking about nothing in general just random thoughts.

A girl about eight came up to him.

"D-do you want to build a sand castle with me?" She asked shyly. He smiled and nodded.

"Sure."

"Okay." She smiled back

"I'm not exactly an expert though." He admitted. She giggled.

"Neither am I, but I wish I were." She answered. Edmund laughed and together they gathered sand.

"Are you here alone?" He asked. She nodded slowly.

"Yes. Mother and father went with my older sister. They made me stay home, but it's okay. I like being alone. I can come out here and build sandcastles. I never see anyone else out here." She said softly, she looked out at the horizon, her blonde hair waved in the light breeze.

"Oh. I came out here because I got tired of hearing people talk to me about things I didn't understand." He said. She laughed.

"What sort of things?" She asked. He shrugged.

"I don't know. If I did I wouldn't be out here."

She rolled her eyes.

"Riiiiiiiiight..." She held out the 'i'.

They stayed outside for ten minutes longer then the girl stood up.

"I have to go, mother always says someone is gonna take me if I talk to strangers. You wouldn't take me, though. You not much older than me. But mother is still picky." She exclaimed. Edmund stood up and dusts sand off his clothes.

"I should probably leave too. Someone will come looking for me soon anyways." He said. She nodded and started to leave.

"Wait! I never got your name." He said. She grinned and dusted off her dress.

"I'm Elora." She said before running off. Edmund watched until he couldn't see her anymore.

"Oh. Okay." He whispered.

Two years later Edmund came back to Archenland and tried to find her.

She stood by the same spot everyday, then life hit and she stopped entirely.

They never did find each other, and soon he forgot. As did she.

Only Aslan knew if they'd ever meet again.

They did.

They never were taken from each other again.