24: Shattered

"EDMUND PEVENSIE!"

All of Cair Paravel froze for a moment as Elora's shout rang through the castle.

"What did you do?" Peter asked in a hushed whisper, slightly fearing for Edmund the wrath he would have to face.

Edmund went pale.

"Surely she didn't find out about the inkpot. I found one exactly like it." He mumbled. Peter's eyes widened.

"You broke her inkpot?" He asked. Edmund gulped and nodded.

"I didn't mean to. I picked it up and it fell through my fingers and I watched helplessly as it shattered into a billion pieces." Edmund protested in a whisper.

Peter rolled his eyes.

"EDMUND DANIEL PEVENSIE! WHEN I FIND YOU YOU WILL BE CALLED KING EDMUND THE DEFORMED!" She screeched. Peter held back a laugh as Edmund went as white as paper.

"Oh, she brought out the middle name and the insults." He squeaked.

"You deserve it. She really liked that inkpot." Peter realized Edmund was trembling ever so slightly and began to laugh.

"You bought ten exactly like it! And I'm pretty sure if you asked Alana she would give you more for free!" Edmund hissed. Peter blushed slightly. He and Alana had been courting for about a month now.

"But-"

The doors of the room swung opened and Edmund ducked under the counte banging his nose on the edge in the process. With a yelp he stood back up as blood spurted from his nose.

"EDMUND- ooh what happened?" She asked. Edmund held one hand over his nose.

"I bumped it." His voice was muffled behind his hand. Elora raised an eyebrow and watched the blood drip from his nose.

"Are you okay?" She asked. Edmund nodded. After a minute Elora walked around and helped him staunch the bleeding. Peter watched in silent amusement.

After she had made sure his face was clean and got as much blood out of his clothes as she could with a wet handkerchief. She bit her lip.

"You're cute, but it doesn't completely excuse the fact that you broke my inkpot into a millio pieces." She stated. He gulped. She giggled and kissed his cheek.

"Don't worry, the couch always needs some company."