33: Perform

Little post LWW cuteness for y'all.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Lucy bit her lip and rocked back and forth on her heels. Her sibling's words of encouragement rang through her head.

"Go on, Lu, it's like giving a diplomatic meeting."

"You've got this, Lu-Lu."

"You could always charm the ambassadors that wanted to kill Pete and Ed, just charm the judges and you won't have a problem."

Lucy smiled a little. She was auditioning for the school play, to audition each contestent had to recite a poem.

"Oh look. It's little Lucy Pevensie." An older girl, Ada Ennis, scoffed. Lucy bit her lip and straightened herself, glancing at her paper. She smiled again.

Suddenly the paper was ripped from her hands. Ada looked at it and made a face.

"How would you know anything about being a queen, or even fighting." Ada scoffed. Lucy bit her lip.
"Well, my brother says I've got quite the imagination." She said. Come on, Lucy, she's just a little kid. You're a queen of Narnia. She smiled widely, trying to play the part of the eleven year old everyone supposed she was.

Ada rolled her eyes.

"Which brother?" She asked dryly. Lucy kept the idiotic grin on her face.

"Peter. He's alot older than me. He's in university... well almost. In two weeks he will be." She giggled a little, thoroughly enjoying playing the part of an innocent little girl, when really she could kill her bully if she felt need be and tried hard enough.

Ada gave Lucy a look and crumbled the paper up, throwing the paper in the trash. Lucy's smile faded.

"W-why did you do that?" She asked, forcing tears, just for the fun of it.

Ada grinned and flicked hair behind her shoulder.

"Now, since you don't have your paper to read you won't win." She said. Lucy looked up at Ada.

"I needed that. I can't say my poem without it." Lucy sniffled.

Ada laughed and walked out of the room. After making sure she was out of earshot. Lucy laughed out loud.

"I'll show her. I will." She whispered fiercely.

"Lucy Pevensie. Your turn, deary." The assistant poked her head in the door. Lucy smiled her brightest and followed.

The assistant looked confused.

"Lucy, darling, where is your paper?" She asked. Lucy shrugged.

"I don't need it, Mrs. Barfield." She lied. Mrs. Barfield shook her head slowly.

"Alright. These judges are strict. But if you feel like you are alright without it..."

Lucy could tell that Mrs. Barfield didn't think she would win.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Lucy finished her poem eloquently. She bowed slightly and looked at the judges' faces. They all looked shocked.

"Is something wrong?" She asked cautiously. The oldest one shook his head.

"No, Lucy, nothing was wrong. I have never heard anyone, especially not one your age read anything so beautifully."

"Mr. Dean," one of the judges said, leaning over. "She didn't read that. She just recited it." The judges all looked in awe at the eleven year old in front of them.

"Lucy, tell me, where did you learn to speak with such...such... such experience."

Lucy shrugged.

"It comes naturally." She stated.

"One more question, who wrote that poem, I've never heard it."

"I did, sir." She said. The judge's eyes widened and he wrote something down.

"Alright. You may go sit with your family." He said. She flashed him a smile and skipped to her seats with Edmund and Peter. As much as Susan and their parents had wanted to be there, only her brothers could.

And Mr. Dean was sure he had heard the eldest brother whisper "Good job, Queen Lucy."