12: Pepper

WARNING: No one dies and everyone is happy 😉
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
"Yuck. I'm not eating it." Four year old Arian stated. Crossing his arms over his chest.

Edmund groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Please?" He held the fork closer to his son's mouth. Arian clamped his mouth shut.

"Nuh-uh!" He growled through his teeth.

"What if I give you candy?" Edmund bribed. Arian glared at him. Edmund took that as a no.

"It's not so bad. It's not as much pepper as you think." Edmund explained, poking Arian's breakfast gingerly with a fork. It wasn't nasty, just eggs and toast but apparently Arian insisted there was pepper in the eggs and he didn't like pepper.

"You eat it." Arian said. Edmund made a face.

"I ate my breakfast already. It was yummy. Now eat yours." He instructed.

"That's 'cause grown ups like pepper. Kids don't."

"Eliazer and Sheth ate theirs." Edmund protested. Arian looked at his brother and cousin.

"Eliazer is a baby and will eat anything and Uncle Peter made Sheth eat his." He protested back at Edmund. Edmund smirked and tapped Arian's nose.

"You will make a fine diplomat someday." Edmund said, kissing Arian's nose. "You can skip eating eggs and I won't tell your mother when she gets back from Archenland. But eat your toast."

"Okay! I will." Edmund picked up one year old Eliazer from his high chair.

"At least you'll eat." He muttered. Eliazer giggled and kissed Edmund's cheek and Edmund grimaced, wiping slobber from his face.

"Oh dear. Elora can't get back soon enough."