23: Celebration

Edmund looked around the room, with a smile on his face. He wasn't one for celebrations but this was one he could endure. This was Arian birth celebration as Elora called it. Although he wad already nearly two months old Edmund had been away and got back a couple weeks ago.

"King Edmund."

The prince Reshab, son of the Tisroc, approached him proudly.

"Good day Prince Reshab." Edmund said. The prince looked down at the squirming baby in Edmund's arms with slight disgust.

"You are such blessed to have a son." Reshab said stiffly. Edmund forced back a smile. 

"Yes. We are." Edmund stated blandly. Reshab walked off, Edmund chuckled and kissed Arian's cheek.

"Something tells me he doesn't really want to be here." Edmund whispered. Arian flashed him a small smile and giggled. Edmund's eyes widened. He laughed and went to find Elora who was talking to Lucy.

"Elora. He just smiled and laughed." Edmund said breathlessly. Elora gasped and took Arian from Edmund.

"Hey there!" She exclaimed, Arian's eyes widened and he giggled again. Elora sniffed and wiped her tears of joy away with the back of her hand.

"Little precious darling." She murmured holding his face to hers.

Edmund smiled and watched. As Elora cooed over Arian. He smiled and stole a kiss from Elora, she laughed and kissed him back. Arian smiled again, causing both of them to laugh and smother him in kisses.