27: Terror

Edmund bit his lip as he held Elora tightly in his arms. She trembled and clutched his shirt, tears pouring down her cheeks.

"Shhh. You'll be okay. It was just a nightmare." He mumbled. She shook her head.

"N-no, th-th-they killed y-you. I-I watched and I c-c-couldn't d-do any-anything." She wailed. Edmund tightened his grip.

"Shhhhhh. We got out. I'm okay." He whispered. She buried her face in his chest.

"I'm not okay. All I can see is them nearly killing you. They tortured you." She sobbed, he picked her up and carried her to the balcony that overlooked the mountains. The very pale streaks of dawn were just coming up. She was shaking, and not from the autumn breeze.

"I-I..." She trailed off in sobs. The sobs wracked her body.

"Elora. You're okay." He whispered. He rested his chin on the top of her head.

"But what if.. what if.." He placed a finger on her lips.

"Shhh. Elora you're okay."

She nodded.

Suddenly Eliazer awoke and began to cry. Edmund got up and got his son. Elora held Eliazer close. Eliazer quickly fell back asleep.

Elora rested her head on Edmund's chest again. Her eyes closed slowly as sleep overtook her.

Edmund chuckled and held her close. He softly called for the guard outside his door.

"Hethal, tell Peter that Elora had a rough night and I'll be staying with her today." Edmund said. Hethal nodded and left.

Edmund watched Elora and Eliazer sleep, free from nightmare and night terrors.