11: Trapped

This actually started with being a happy little sweet story about Peter playing with Edmund and Elora's kids but then I felt like writing something angsty and so wrote this instead. :o also this is AU because of character death. Takes place during Prince Caspian movie.
☆☆☆☆☆
"Get out, Peter!" Edmund screamed at him. "Get everyone out!"

"We have to-" Peter was cut off and Edmund gave him a desperate look.

"Please." He mouthed. Peter nodded.

"What about you?" Peter asked. Edmund looked him straight in the eye.

"I'll be right behind you. Tell everyone you pass to retreat." Edmund said. Peter told about ten creatures before he escaped. He sat watching, waiting for Edmund.

He finally caught sight of him running a group of animals following him.

Then the gate shut with a slam. Peter watched in horror as Edmund closed his eyes tightly.

"Go. Peter." He yelled through the chaos. Peter shook his head. Not trusting himself to talk.

"Please. For me?" Edmund was pressed against the gate, begging Peter to go.

"I-I-I..." Peter turned quickly and left. Leaving Edmund with the rest of his army behind the gate.
~'~'~'~'~'
To death, brother mine, I shalt protect you and secure you have yet another day to live. If I die for your wellbeing, it will be better. For I will not lay trapped in my own guilt knowing I could have saved you from death. - Old Turkish Proverb