14: Sick

As I've told joriahisgoalsss
"I've written too many happy ones in a row."
Ages: Lucy is 11, Edmund is 13, Susan is 15, and Peter is 16.
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Peter silently put a wet cloth on Edmund's forehead, attempting to cool down the fever that raged through his body.

"Please Edmund. Pull through this." He whispered. Lucy was in the other side, she looked stricken and began to cry. Susan tried to calm her down but that effort didn't help.

"P-P-P-Peter." Edmund gasped out. All eyes turned to him.

"I love you all. You know that, right?" Edmund asked. His siblings nodded.

"Yes. We do." Peter whispered. Edmund sigh in relief slightly and closed his eyes. Lucy grabbed his hand tightly.

"You aren't... leaving us. Are you?" She  asked, forcing herself not to cry.

He smiled sadly and opened his eyes to meet hers.

"I have to, He wants me to."

Everyone knew who 'He' was. Lucy's lip quivered. Edmund grabbed her hand weakly.

"Please don't cry, Lucy-Lu. Not now at least and don't lose your sparkle and shine." He said. She sniffed and wiped her eyes with her free hand.

"O-okay. I won't, Eddie." She said bravely. He made a face at the nickname.

"It's just Edmund, or Ed." He said weakly. She smiled and kissed his cheek. Edmund went into a coughing fit that wracked his body horribly. He leaned back onto the pillows. Taking deep gasping breaths.

Peter squeezed Edmund's hand tightly.

His breathing slowed until it eventually stopped. Peter bit his bottom lip and felt for a pulse. He didn't find one.

Any promise Lucy made to Edmumd about not crying was instantly forgotten.

"Oh Edmund!" She sobbed. Peter shook his head. Tears streamed down his face as well as Susan's.

"He said he wouldn't leave." Lucy murmured. Peter rubbed her back as she sobbed. Susan being the practical on went and got a healer. Peter guided Lucy and Susan out of the room he knelt down to Lucy's height.

"You promised him lose your sparkle. Can you now promise me that. For him?"

She nodded slowly and hugged him tightly, not letting go.

"I won't lose my sparkle." She whispered. Peter silently thanked Aslan for letting Edmund tell her that.