15: Macabre

So Craver_Priceless actually managed to find a word i didn't know the definition to so give her a round of applause because i am a walking dictionary so congrats to her 😉. Also Paul the paperclip belongs to joriahisgoalsss's sister she wrote it in line for winterjam.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Edmund fought as he had never fought before.

"EDMUND MOVE!"

Edmund swung around just as a sharp pain went through his arm, looking down his mouth gaped open and closed, a cut down to the bone slashed from his elbow to his wrist. It apparently hurt so much it didn't hurt at all.

He felt woozy but kept fighting. They had to kill the...

Before he could think anything else he slipped and hit his head on a rock, knocking himself out.

"EDMUND!" Peter yelled running over to him. Now Edmund was losing blood even faster. The gash on his head from the rock quickly oozed blood quickly.

Peter found himself retching. It was so much blood everywhere. It was obvious they were winning but it was very disheartening to see Edmund.

Finally one of the soldiers pushed Peter away from his brother.

"No. I have to stay with him!" Peter exclaimed. The healer looked at him with pity in her eyes. Peter knew that look too well.

"When is Lucy coming with her cordial?" He asked, the healer shook her head.

"I do not know. It could be a few hours. Hours that he doesn't have." She added. Peter bit his lip.

"I'll sit with him and try to stop the bleeding. You go help the other soldiers." He said. She nodded and left. Peter got strips of cloth and pressed Edmund's wounds, Edmund opened his eyes.

"Should this hurt?" He asked weakly. Peter snorted.

"Yes. It should hurt, alot actually." He growled. Edmund bit his lip and watched Peter press his wounds to staunch the bleeding.

"Oh. So it's probably bad I can't feel it?"

"Yeah. It's probably really bad. You probably have a concussion."

"Oh. Okay." Edmund murmured, he watched Peter before starting to close his eyes.

"Wait! Edmund don't close your eyes." Peter growled. Edmund opened his eyes.

"Why?" He asked. Peter rolled his eyes.

"Because if you do have a concussion it won't be good to fall asleep." Peter stated dryly. Edmund's eyes began closing again.

"Tell me a story." Peter demanded. Edmund rolled his eyes.

"About what?"

"Anything. I don't care."

"Well. Once upon a time there was a paper clip... do you remember those from the Other Place. Neat devices they were. I should get the dwarfs to make me some... anyhow. The paperclip's name was Paul and he-"

"You're telling me a story about an office device?"

"You said anything."

"Alright. Continue."

"Anyways.. Paul met a leaf named-"

"Leaves talk?"

"Shut up and let me tell my story."

"Sorry. Continue, master story teller."

"The leaf's name was Jerry. And they went on a walk and then went after three days they went their seperate ways."

"They took a walk for three days?" Peter asked. Edmund made a face.

"Paperclips like walks?" He suggested. Peter snorted.

"Oh. King Edmund the Just. That was a brilliant story." Peter said mockingly. Edmund grinned.

"Thanks!"

"EDMUND PEVENSIE WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!"

Lucy was standing in the tent doorway a look of terror on her face she got her cordial quickly and administered some to Edmund.

"What happened to your arm?" She asked. Edmund snorted.

"A paperclip attacked it." He said seriously. Lucy looked startled, Peter shook his head.

"A sword cane in contact with it." He said dryly. Lucy calmed down and began to laugh, causing Peter and Edmund to laugh as well