41: Precious

Edmund knocked on the nursery door softly. Expecting no answer he tapped his foot impatiently suddenly the door swung opened and Elora raised an eyebrow at him.

"I thought you'd be here tomorrow." She said sleepily. Edmund smirked and pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. He had been gone for rhe last four months and had missed the birth of yet another one of his children.

"I was, but I had to see..." He trailed off as a small cry rang through the room. Elora smiled and pulled him into the room.

"You came to see her?" She questioned. Edmund grinned.

"Her?" He asked hopefully. Elora nodded.

"Yep, Athena Rain Pevensie." She smiled

Edmund laughed a little and kissed her cheek.

"Can I see her?" He asked. Elora chuckled.

"Well... I guess." She said teasingly.

Edmund slowly walked towards the crib, his breath caught as the baby looked at him attentively.

Her eyes were a dark, dark brown, the exact same shade of his.

The small cap covered her hair, he picked her up. Expecting her hair to be the golden color of Elora's.

The cap fell off, revealing the dark brown-nearly black hair.

His breath caught again.

"She... she has..." He gasped out. Elora smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"She has the same hair, eyes, and stubborn personality as you." Elora said. Edmund smiled.

"That's not all bad." He retorted. She shook her head.

Edmund looks back down at his daughter. She was looking at him, focusing more than most babies do.

"She's precious." He told his wife.

Elora smiled.