35: Beast

Important things: The kits talk kinda babyish, if you need help interpreting them just comment on the spot and I'll interpret ;)
To Karalea: Yes i made you a fox kit, I also made an unintentional Joel kit so yeah im tired.
Keraylia is pronounced Ker-ay-lee-uh
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Edmund smiled at the Calormene dignitaries. They all greeted him and went to their rooms until supper. Peter, Lucy, and Susan were gone for the week and left Edmund and Elora in charge of dealing with the pesky Calormene people.

The truth was that the three of the other rulers took a nice trip to the Lone Islands and left Edmund and Elora in charge of the castle because the Calormenes always tried to get one if them to marry some prince or princess of Calormene, Edmund was already married and therefore they left him alone.

Edmund made a face of disgust at the pile of gifts their visitors had brought, mostly just perfumes and soaps and dyes (what would they ever do with crimson and purple hair dye anyways? It wasn't like any of them wanted purple hair). Elora smirked and came over to him.

Edmund groaned.

"Those-Those little-"

"Beasts! They're everywhere! Oh! Oh! Oh! Get ride of them!" A scream echoed through the castle. Edmund and Elora looked at each other, than Elora's eyes sparked with laughter. Edmund looked at her in confusion.

"What...?" He trailed off at the sight of Lady Arabel running past them, four fox kits chasing after her, all barking and yipping angrily.

Edmund's eyes widened with laughter and he held it back.

Keraylia, the youngest and only girl of the four, bounded up to them, her brothers still chasing the Lady for a moment longer than also running up to the king and queen that were doing all they could not to laugh.

"King E'mun', she petted me! Wifout askin'!" Keraylia whined. Edmund chuckled and scooped the fox kit up and stuck her on his shoulder.

"Really?" He asked. She nodded and her brothers also nodded.

"So why did Liam, Jolen, and Ditus start chasing her?" Edmund questioned. Keraylia shrugged and looked down at her brothers, who were playing with the end of Edmund's cloak, Elora was still doing everything she could not to start laughing.

"Why did you-

"'cause we were p'otecting her!' Ditus exclaimed. Jolen and Liam nodded.

"Yes, King E'mun'. We didn't know if she wad petteding her or takin' her, daddy said that if a random person or animal trieded to take one of us to tell someone!" Jolen said.

"Oh. Well. If you are certian you will next time check with someone before you attack someone. You three boys are supposed to be chivalrous, did you bite her?" Edmund asked, looking at the lady who was now glaring at them, her knight with her now.

"No, King E'mun', we didn't get her." They said. Edmund chuckled nervously and handed Keraylia to Elora. Then scooped up the other three and put them in Elora's hands too.

"Take the little beasts as she calls them, and give them back to their parents." He muttered. She smiled and left, cooing happily at the kits.

Edmund straightened himself and his face and tried to wipe the smile off his face.

"So sorry about that, they just started to come around and are curious and-"
"They nearly killed me!" Lady Arabel screeched, it took all of Edmunds willpower not to flinch at rhe sound of her voice.

She thought they were beasts? My eardrums are going to start bleeding or something. He thought miserably, this was going to be a long day.