31. Hue of red and blue

"So, there's no trouble in recovering the gem. At all?" Commander Abraham Towers asked, standing from his seat as the team responded with the same nods. "There's nothing we saw and it's just smooth sailing commander." Sonic implied. Towers started to think as he sat back down. "That's strange, I didn't think this would be easy to get." He says. Rouge comes forward and placed the container of the gem on the table. "Don't worry Commander, I handled this heavenly gem like a fragile baby."

"Thank you Rouge." He replied as the bat went back to the group. "You are all dismissed. Thank you for your cooperation. Also Sonic's team will get their payment outside." He told them and the group head out, "Except for you, Agent Shadow."

Shadow cursed silently as he went back to the room, the others leaving him. As the door closed, it was only just the two of them inside. "Shadow, tell me the whole truth. What were you doing while in that cave?" Towers asked with an eyebrow raised. The black hedgehog sat properly on his chair while facing him. And answered formally.

"We found information about the cave. It have inscriptions on it and Knuckles concluded it had been inhabited a long time ago." He responded. "Don't report me that. Do that on your reporting time, I just wanted to know what we're you doing. About what you found out about the WonderLust gem, and that demon connection." Towers asked again, looking at him intently.

Shadow didn't flinched as he responded. "The thing in my mind. It seem to attach me towards the gem." He looks at the gem inside the container and suddenly, he felt like he was in a trance, suddenly feeling that the world wasn't with him and his only focus was the gem. Good thing the commander had snapped his fingers infront of him, causing to interfere with his staring. "I'd like to know more. Seemingly this talk would be with just the two of us." He says, eyes narrowing.

"Whenever I look at it, or go near it. I get attached to it. Like, it have that much of power. The power to do anything and everything. That great power to consume all other superior being and be the superior of all." Shadow explained, restraining himself to look at it once again. Towers has been observing him as he pulled the gem to himself and hid it under the desk.

"You may look intimidating Shadow. Why won't you take a check up from our psychiatrist until we see what you're holding against." Towers suggested, but then Shadow's hand slammed on the desk and he was now leaning over him.

"I didn't need a psychiatrist Commander Towers," he narrowed his eyes, "I am perfectly capable of handling this in my way. It is me who should check up on myself, I don't want any other stranger to check on me and mess up my mind, even if it would be the good of all." Towers didn't flinched and watched him closely. Shadow almost looked scary for him but he needed to calm down.

"I also don't need to ask for help from humans like you. I can endure this as much as I can, and I don't want you humans interfering with my doing. I'll be going." Shadow growled as he got off him and headed straight for the door. "Hey! Agent Shadow! Come back here this instant! We're not done discussing yet!" Towers exclaimed but the door already closed.
~*~*~*~*~*~

After that meeting in GUN, the trio of heroes went to Angel Island to take a deserved rest there. Knuckles went back to guarding the Master Emerald as the two brothers leisured themselves to wander around the island. "So did that antidote of yours worked on him?" Tails asked while walking.

"Hm? Well, not likely. It worked on him just fine when he drink it. But after a while, I noticed him changing a bit." Sonic replied, his arms behind him and he let out a yawn. Tails grinned. "You're tired?"

"Well wouldn't you get tired after searching inside a long labyrinth like cave and done nothing but look at the walls and no trouble to psych up your insides?" He explained and Tails chuckled. "I guess it would have happened likely. But I would like to research more about the WonderLust gem, it seems to be fascinating somehow." Tails confessed, looking up at the sky with Sonic.