32. Nightmares of the Past

Media: Faster-by-choice.tumblr.com

That night, Sonic was resting upon a tree branch just near Tails' house. He was always stubborn whenever Tails wanted him to sleep in his spare bedroom made just for him but Sonic rather wanted to just rest onto this same tree branch just near the window. Not forcing him so, Tails stopped prying into him and left him be.

There are a million reasons on why Sonic wanted this very spot, he could see the night sky, he could gaze from the stars and it would lull him to sleep. Speaking of sleep, Sonic smiled and dreamily thought about Shadow, before he put himself to sleep.

It was just any ordinary day for a blue hedgehog like him, running about and enjoying the day's aura. The blue hedgehog halted himself and look around the surroundings, this place was pretty serene and peaceful, he hasn't seen any place like this. Walking along the green plain, he came across a cavern temple. It looked familiar to him, to unceasing his sense of adventure, he walked straight in.

Inside this cavern, there were a lot of mobians inside. They were all dressed in ancient clothing, much to revealing perhaps but was descent for the eyes. They didn't take notice or interest on him wandering around because they were pretty much busy. The hedgehog kept track on walking until he reached the labyrinth, this place was awful familiar. He followed a pathway full of inscriptions, he got he feeling this was the right path. Once he was out of the path, his mouth gaped open at the place he was in.

He was IN the same cave where he and the others came from. There were a lot of mobians still wandering about the cavern, and from the middle of the room, was the column like structure, and on it was the WonderLust gem. Sonic stared awe at it and knew he was dreaming. Infront of him was a stoned throne and sitting on it was a lynx like ruler of all these mobians in the cavern. A cat mobian passed through him and go to the monarch. He kneeled infront of him

"Chief Wone, I witnessed a terrible reoccurrence ." The cat says, his voice trembling like he's seen trouble. "What is it Lyne?" Chief Wone says to him, perking his ears up.

"Trouble has come to the grass plains, Soreth has come back to take his grudge on us." Lyne says, staring up at him. Wone stood up from his throne with an anxious expression. "Where is he now?"

"He is coming his way to us." Lyne replied. Sonic was trying to understand the situation, but then the scene suddenly riffled and it sent him into a dark ruined battlefield from the same grass plains he had been before. He stared with a bewildered look, everything here was chaos. A lot of mobians running about, some running away and some were running straight towards the trouble.

Then, one of the fighting warriors came straight to him and handed him a weapon. He was confused on how they were able to see him. "June, let's get our debt done." Lyne said with a stern tone. Sonic felt his lips move by itself. "I will, for the clan." Then, he was charging up to the beast Soreth. He found himself shooting arrows through the sky, piercing the smoke as it hit the unknown enemy behind the thick dust and smoke.

Suddenly, Soreth came out of the smoke, much to his surprise he looked like an evil form of Shadow. Soreth's eyes dropped onto him and stared intently. Sonic never felt himself to freeze their, with a terrified expression. Suddenly, the whole scene filtered into Station Square, but Soreth was still standing right in front of him with an evil gleam.

Sonic dropped to his knees and was coughing, up blood. He felt himself run out of air then tight hands slithering around his neck as he made a deadly glare to the dark hedgehog whose strangling him. "This will be destined to happen sooner, you can't change this." He said, tightening his grip until Sonic was choking out for air.