13. The Fruit

Tomorrow came unexpectedly.

Shadow was awaken by an early knock on the door, and he look like a zombie, his eyes a bit dry eyed, his quills all messed up mad wearing on his pjs (but in actual, his the Ultimate Lifeform so he doesn't sleep :/).

"Coming, coming." He grumbled, suddenly tripping onto those cans that roll out from the kitchen causing his to face plant on the floor, then scrambled back up as if nothing have happened. He came opening the door, covering his eyes from the sudden bright light that entered. But that bright light for him was....

"Faker. What... Are you doing *yawn*..... Here?" He asked, rubbing his eyes. Sonic seem to be good in shape and Shadow doesn't care. "Woah, you sleeping pretty late Shadow?" The cocky hedgehog replied as Shadow rolled his eyes. "Its five in the morning Sonic, why the hell would you wale me up in this time?" He asked groggily.

"Oh Shadow, of course you have forgotten. We're going to that forest I'm telling you that is real. So what's the answer?" He asked as Shadow yawned again. "I'm coming." He simply said crossing his arms. Sonic beamed. "Really?" "Yeah, just need time to fix myself up." Shadow said, looking down at his blue and white striped pjs as he let him come in. Sonic followed, sitting down the couch as Shadow went up to fix himself.

He went back down, totally already fixed up, his quills straightened, his eyes bright, no longer wearing those pjs and have that trademark expression plastered all over his face, frowning. "Lets go." He said as he went out of the house and Sonic followed. The two hedgehogs ventured out as they walked through the city. Sonic was a bit nervous around Shadow, what was he nervous about for? Well we wouldn't know. Shadow stopped for a bit confused. "Hey why we stopped?" Sonic asked, Shadow didn't want to say this but, he have to......

"Um Sonic...... I don't know where that place you say is." He said, a bit of a whisper to the last part as Sonic heard that. Sonic made a soft chuckle to himself as he sighed. "Well, well Shadow. Time to follow the leader on this one." Sonic said with a huge grin as the other rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Sure, if we don't get lost." He added as Sonic grinned wider. "Alright." He said, suddenly grabbing hold of his hand and dashing through out the whole city. Shadow was a bit shocked by that outburst but he couldn't stop the blue hedgehog from running.

"Woah!" He yelled but Sonic couldn't here him, he was having too much fun with him. They arrived at the park.

Suddenly, Sonic skidded to a stop, along with Shadow but he hold his hand tightly so he wouldn't have flew off. Shadow was a bit nauseous right now because of that full speed running nonstop. "You okay there buddy?" Sonic asked, a bit worried to see Shadow a bit sick. Shadow glared at him, bit Sonic only smirked this time, meaning he annoyed him. "Don't. Do. That. Again." Shadow said as Sonic smile. "Sureeeee."

"Ugh, can we just go to that place where you said is real? I wanna prove to you that is just a myth!" Shadow whined which earning a competitive look from Sonic. "So wanna bet?" "I so wanna bet." Shadow said. Wait what was he doing anyway? Betting from this blue hedgehog? But Sonic always won the bet! Well its worth nothing after all. Sonic, seeing his expression bored, Shadow gave in. "Fineeeeee. You show me that place, I'm tired of arguing with you faker." He said in a mild tone, causing the other to grin.

"Let's go!" He said, Shadow thought he was gonna grab his hand and run again, but, Sonic only look back with a concerned look. "Lets just. Walk." He muttered with kind eyes that shine. Shadow stared at him in awe. Those eyes.... They're beautiful. He thought, but shake off the thought. He didn't want to be obvious around him. Shadow only crossed his arms and began to follow Sonic around the park. Sonic smiled to himself, I can't believe he actually came! But.... He couldn't have, and.... His thoughts trailed off by staring at Shadow beside him, looking very silent but at the same tine, those shining red ruby eyes sparkling in the sunlight.

Sonic's eyes widen as he look away, blushing to himself. He wouldn't like me that way anyway. He thought again, sighing sadly. Shadow noticed this and decided to ask. "Hey Sonic, you alright?" He asked and was startled. "Uh heh, yeah Shadow, just thinking about.... Stuff." He replied but lied. They went to the deep woods of the park, each other walking side by side so they won't get lost. Shadow, didn't think early as he hold Sonic's hand unexpectedly and surprised him. Sonic blushed harder. Going to some turns as Shadow followed Sonic, finally arriving at their destination.

"Here it is, the tree of  Té Amo." Sonic said showing him the tree. Shadow was wide eyed and actually, he thought that this was a myth. "Woah." He said as Sonic picked two fruits color of the most red apple and shaped bit like a circular heart. "Here Shadow, its sweet." He said. Shadow nodded as both of them ate their fruits at the same time and surprisingly, it was deliciously sweet. "This tastes good." Shadow complimented.

"Yeah, legend has it of whoever takes bite of the fruit, would feel deeply inlove with the person they're liking." Sonic explained. Shadow stared at him then the fruit. He felt his heart beat faster when he stared at the blue hedgehog. My.... Heart? He thought. Sonic also felt his heart beat faster when he look at him. This is... Unexpected. He thought. "Sonic, there is something I'm willing to say." Shadow said which Sonic's ears perked up.

"What is it?"

"Well.... Rouge and the others had planned some kind of beach party over at Spagonia. And..... They wanna invite us two." Shadow explained. "Wait, Tails and Knuckles didn't told ,e about that." Sonic replied. "Dunno, Rouge told me that they planned that for something 'special' for us two." He added. "You coming Shadow?" The blue one asked. "Well. Its your decision." Shadow replied. Sonic thought for a moment. Maybe this is the good time to confess. "Yeah, lets go." Sonic said and Shadow stared at him.

The aura's just been warm.