17. The burden

Two days passed of the beach party and everyone was packing their things up for their trip back to South Island. "Gosh I'm gonna miss this place again." Sonic said, staring out towards the balcony seeing the sunrise over the mountains which he woke up early to see this. Shadow also wake up yawning and stretching his arms.

"At least you've been able to travel around the world one time." He told him as Sonic rolled his eyes. "Yeah also a totally good excuse to save the world. And I was having a hard time from the werehog thing." He said then look out towards the view again. Shadow leaned over he railings following where Sonic is looking.

"I haven't been roaming. Just two continents." He replied looking down as Sonic stared at him. Scratching his quills he then said. "I can..." He told him pausing. Shadow's ears twitched but didn't look at him. ".... take you to a trip around the world?" Sonic ended with a huff and the black hedgehog still hadn't look at him. "Do we have much money for every trip?"

"Who says about going to airport when I can stir the Tornado?" Sonic said smiling at him as Shadow now look at him. "Wait you actually know how to operate a flying engine?" He asked a bit surprised and this made Sonic annoyed. "Hey. Before me and Tails met, I was the former owner of the Tornado I. He just a made a few major adjustments and I lend it to his." He explained heaving a sigh. "Just asking Faker." Shadow said then began to mumble words looking at the view.

The door opened revealing Amy and Rouge calling the boys then stopped seeing the both of them on the balcony. Amy was a bit glad that the two were coming out well as Rouge smirk and she saw that. "Wait... Why are you smirking like that Rouge?" Amy asked. The white bat look towards her and her smirk turned into a grin. "Nothing dear."

"Don't hide it Rouge... You know something about them definitely." The pink hedgehog replied with a grunt. "Well alright... I kinda observed the two lately. I know they both know each other." Rouge replied and this made Amy look shocked. "Shadow likes Sonic too?!" She shrieked which heard by the two boys as they turned around surprised.

"Gah! What are you doing here?!" Sonic screamed at them which caused the two girls to blush embarrassed. "Eheh we're just about to call you for breakfast.....?" Amy replies. Shadow heard what Amy shrieked about and wished that Sonic hadn't heard about that. Sonic shake his head then went over them. "Sure... Hey Shadster lets go down and eat." He said. Shadow nodded as the four of them went down.

Did I heard that right? Shadow likes.... Me? Sonic thought in his head. He look over Shadow whose focus is on the girls and not him as he sighed. Maybe not. Glad Sonic didn't heard that right. Shadow thought but he felt bad. They got to the dining hall where everyone were there and waiting for the four as they took their seats. "What took you long bro?" Manic asked tapping onto the plate using the spoon and fork he have and Sonia scolded him.

"Oh this two were just having a 'sweet talk'." Rouge replied and the two look away. Everyone have awkward smiles on their faces. "So everyone lets eat?" Cream asked as they nodded then began to eat.
~*~*~*~*~*~

The gang were outside of their hotel waiting for their bus. "Thanks for everything." Sonic told the staff and people who welcomed the, and waved good bye. Tails Amy told their good byes too so as everybody. "I will miss the beach." Knuckles said pouting as Rouge flick his long red echidna quills. (Or is that hair?!)

"We're gonna go back here for a date next time Knuxy." She teased and made him blush. Shadow crosses his arms as Blaze came out and talk to him. "So any new changes since you and Sonic began to get along?" She asked curious. Shadow turn to her then said. "Just being friendly and all. Nothing change, his still that annoying and cocky hedgehog we all know." He replied. Blaze noticed his change of moods lately as she went in front of him.

"No telling anymore lies to me hedgehog. You have deep regard feelings for him don't you?" Blaze told him seriously. Shadow look at her quite shocked but tried to hide his surprise expression from her. "W-What do you mean?" He stuttered and was surprised again cause he stuttered. A grin was seen in the purple felines cat face closed her eyes then crossed her arms. "Quiet obvious.... For me that is." She replied then opened her Amber orbs.

"Why don't you tell him how you feel? You keep that burden in your mind and it will slowly kill you. Will you wait for somebody to take Sonic away while you still have the chance?" She added sternly. Shadow's head were circling with the questions Blaze lectured for him. Silver was calling her as Blaze gaze at him one last time. "Don't tell me the answers. I'll know it when I see it. Good luck." She said before going to Silver.

Shadow was shocked. For a princess she knows his moves. Initially that's the first impression he saw from her when they first meet in another universe. (I'm basing on Archie Comics here)

The bus came as they all went in. Shadow was still disturbed of the thoughts of Sonic being with someone but not him and bothered not to look at him again. Sonic saw this and tried to talk to him but know ping it will be awkward for the two of them and just shrug it off. Then they take off to the airport.