23. Numb

His nose twitches.

Shadow slowly and struggled hard to open his eyes his teeth gritting. Everything was all a blur. But he could see silhouettes looking down at him.

"Shadow." A familiar male voice says, calling worriedly. "Shadow."

"W-wha?" The black hedgehog says. He close his eyes and opens them again, to clear out the blur. Then, he can see everything clearly. He then looks around in what seems to be, in someone's room.

"W-where, am I-I?" He stutters while looking around. He then saw Sonic looking down at him with a small, relieved smile. "You're okay. We saved you from Dr. Eggman." The blue hedgehog says, he seemed to be exhausted. Shadow's eyes widen.

"Y-you... C-came to s-save me?"

"Hey. Its all over now." Sonic answers with a sad sigh. Shadow look at him curiously like he seem to be missing something. He then tries to remember the events. His eyes widen once again and remembers what happened all.

"I think... I remember... The kidnapping, you guys... B-barging in. T-then... That damn demon... And the..." He slightly paused. Sonic looks at him questioning. Shadow remembers, the last thing before he fell to unconsciousness.

"I remember... The kiss." He says out and blushed looking away from Faker's gaze. Sonic then remembers what he did to Shadow to calm him down as he looks away shyly and blushes. "E-eh... J-just to c-calm you d-down S-Shadow." He stuttered and covered his face.

The black one then looks at him and then pauses there. Sonic takes a peek from his hands, and saw that the black hedgehog. Was smirking at him! Damn!

Before anything could get more... Awkward. The others came in Sonic's room and was relieved to see that the Ultimate Lifeform is alright. "Shadow!" Rouge says with a happy sigh as she hugs Shadow like she misses him.

"A-am fine Rouge." Shadow says resign to pry her off, his smirk gone and replaced with a thin line. "You worried us back there." The white bat says, standing up and cross her arms then look at Sonic. "And good thing Big Blue is there to save you."

Sonic then uncovers his face and scratches the back of his neck. "Eh... He's a great friend so..."

"Nah uh Sonic. We saw what happened back there. There's no backing out that you kissed Shadow purposely to calm him down." Knuckles says, smirking like a goof while arms crossed. "Besides, you're the one who told us to save him." He adds. Then Silver came in with a huge grin plastered in his face.

"We all know that you love Shadow, Sonic." The ivory one says ahead of time. Sonic rolls his eyes. "Okay, okay. Now you got me. I can't hold it though. And wouldn't you hate Shadow start to rampage while struggling to control over his body?" The blue hedgehog answered back.

Tails then came to Shadow's side. "We're not even sure where that demon came from in Shadow's body. So you said the demon's in you?" The fox says as everyone then stares at Shadow. He only begin to think deeply. "I sure know, the doctor is all behind this." He replies unsure.

"Well, you even scared the heck out all of us. You had a different form back then!" Knuckles retorts and Shadow sends him a chilling glare which made his mouth shut. "Knuckles is right." Blaze says, out of the blue. Going towards the bed and kneels beside Shadow. "Tell me. What did he do to you when you got hit by that laser? Do you remember anything after that?" She asks seriously.

"Well, I do remember this strange feeling I'm getting. I can't tell, like the Inhibitor Rings never work on keeping this strange energy out of me anymore." Shadow replies honestly. Then his head begins to throb as he holds it and shouts in agony. The beeping machine from beside started to beep rapidly and Tails look at it worriedly.

"You don't have to think of anything first Shadow. It will counter attack your brain system since that, demon thing affected your body." Tails says. "He might come back to your body sooner." He adds, pulling out an injection filled with greenish serum and put it in Shadow's arm.

Shadow then stopped somehow and slowly calms down. The beeping machine calmed also. Shadow once again opened his eyes and looks at everyone. "What happened to Shadow now?" Sonic asks worriedly, going to his buddy's side while he prepares his medication. "I just scanned him a while ago. There are readings that, whenever Shadow feels angry, mad. He's mind will set off onto its own and that demon might come back." Tails explains.

"It is supposed to be programmed to be following Dr. Eggman's orders but it back fires him. The machine that might have hit Shadow could be called the Negative Traction Beam, it sends out negative chaos energy into someone and it will feel nothing but hatred, agony, anger and will turn out to be the destruction of the world." Tails tells them.

"We should make him happy at times."

"But Tails, how could we keep Shadow happy, if he always feels angry, lonely and always thinking of Maria to be killed all the time?" Amy says as they all stare at the black hedgehog who Sonic is busy talking to. They all look at each other and smiled.

"How about we keep Shadow under the hands of Sonic for a while? He can make him happy." Manic suggests. They all went there and surrounds them as the two stares at them. "Shadow is still the Shadow I knew back then hehe." Sonic tells them with a sheepish smile. "Hey Sonic, can we ask you a favor?" Tails asks.

"Sure, anything for you guys." The blue hedgehog replies, not knowing what they are really planning. They all look at each other and Sonia then says. "We decided to let Shadow be kept under your hands Sonic. That way, you can make him happy all the time." She says.

Sonic's eyes widen as he look at all of them. "Are you serious? He can't even stand my arrogance!" He says chuckling nervously. "But seriously. Why me?"

"Well, you're the only one among us who gets along with Shadow quiet well, aside from Rouge though." Silver says as Rouge smirks back at him. "As I am saying, Sonic he'll be just staying with you for a while and try to make him feel at home. Or at least happy with your company. Don't get him to be too angry at times cause that 'thing' we encountered, might come back. And when that happens, he'll feel nothing but numbness." Tails explains in a seriously, stern voice.

The blue hedgehog sighed and nodded. "Eh sure." But he couldn't think of anything.

"You might be thinking of doing something to me, faker." Shadow then speaks with a secret small smirk up his muzzle. Sonic then grew red in his face and falls to the ground, he felt hot. The others laughed out loud by his reaction. "Oh Sonic, you're thinking of things you perv." Rouge says.

Sonic stands up, shaking and looks at everyone with a glare. "I-I'm not thinking of anything!" He stutters, crossing his arms and pouts. "Can Sonic just take care of me over at my manor? I'd like him to be there." Shadow says suddenly which surprised everyone. Sonic looks at him and even his reaction was priceless.

Rouge smirks, cross her arms and and says. "Well, if Shadow says so. Sonic, you'll be moving in with us." Sonic once again, fainted while his leg twitched. "Why me. Right now?" He asks, trying to regain his posture. "Yes, Faker." Shadow says, struggling to sit up, but manage to. "Right now." Shadow says, smirking.

Sonic, fainted for the third time. Everyone laughed off as Tails sighs. "I gotta go prepare Sonic's stuff and try to wake him up please." Tails says going out of the room.

Sonic was only lying on the floor. His head spinning. Why does it have to be me?