36. Warning

Commander Towers was busying himself with his paperwork while soldiers going in and out as he command out orders. But, one of the soldiers busted in his office without even knocking.

"Earl! Didn't you have manners?!" Towers exclaims, still startled by his presence. "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"B-but sir it's a-an emergency." Earl told him, shaking a bit by the commander's sudden outburst. Towers calmed down and took a rested back again and motioned for him to tell him. "I-it's not good sir! While the scientists are making their way to experimenting the gem, they discovered it missing on their table!"

"What?!" Towers frightened the lights out of him again as Earl made a shaky nod. Frustratedly, he stood up and told him to take him to the lab. The soldier reluctantly agreed and both were now dashing down the hallway towards the lab. Once inside, a few scientist were huddled in the middle as he made his way through them to see what's going on. The container of where the gem is being held was now empty and this made a panic within the crowd.

"When we're at our third day of experimenting, the gem disappeared from the container when we came in the lab. We don't know who got in, that slick and fast and the lab is highly secured." One of the scientists explained to Towers as the others nodded in agreement.

Towers then began to process all this in his mind. "I'll try and think this out Professor Aaron, for now you can report to me about what data you've gathered while investigation goes on for a while." The professor nodded and the scientists all piled out of the lab. Towers followed them with the soldier still by his side. Telling him to make immediate investigations of the whereabouts of the fugitive and report them once they find something. Earl quickly nodded and run out of his sight.

Towers was thinking while walking back to his office. He gotta have to know about what they have found out of the WonderLust gem from their two days of experimenting. And he needed to see Shadow as well.
~*~*~*~*~*~

"Shadow?" Rouge calls out, continued to knock on his door for several times now. She tried calling him down for breakfast and they'll have shoot practice but he didn't come down as early as he did before. Impatiently, she opened the door slightly and took a peek inside. Before she speak again, she saw Shadow hunched back on his bed and was heavily panting. She couldn't see what he was doing but watched him closely and noticed a faint glow of red and blue hue from where he was facing.

Shadow's moment of silence was cut off when she called out loud to him. Whipping his head around, she let out a gasp of shock seeing his eyes were luminously glowing. He blinked and shake his head, only to see her standing there petrified. "Rouge? Is there something you want to...?"

After a moment of being speechless, Rouge shake his head. "Are you alright?" She asks coming in. Shadow stared at her and nodded. "I'm still stable. Sorry for scaring you." A giggle escaped her lips and made her way beside him. "Me scared? Bats aren't very fond of being scared." Shadow rolled his eyes.

"Really?"

"Yes. Breakfast's already getting cold and our shooting session shall commence. Are you sure there isn't something you want to tell me?"

Shadow's eyes fell down declined. His hands stretched over behind him. "I'll follow you down I just need to get up."

She stare at him weirdly, knowing him always eager to make a move on every morning. Brushing that thought off she got out of the room and waited for him downstairs. A sigh escaped his lips as he stood up and uncovered the thing that was under the sheets. There glowed the red and blue WonderLust gem.

With a last minute thought, he carried the gem and hid it in a black box under the bed before going out.

After breakfast, the two agents immediately gone outside their training grounds and begin their shooting session. While Shadow's focusing at his targets, while waiting for her turn, Rouge was vigilantly eyeing him. Worried thoughts crossed her mind whilst observing him that she hadn't realized it was her turn.