6. Friend Zone

Media: Pinterest.com (I kinda forget who made this pic)

After the talk, Sonic went to get ready for his date and got out of the house. Tails offered him to fly him towards Amy but he replied that he'll run there and get back early as he ran off. As soon as he got there, he went straight for the door and knocked on the door. It opened revealing Amy. "Oh Sonnikku! You're early!" She said beaming.

"Yeah I have to, we have to talk." He replied the. Look at her from head to toe. "You're not getting dressed?"

"I thought this through now. And right we have to talk." She replied in a calm way. But Sonic was surprised that she hadn't tackled him.....yet. "So where will this 'date' go?" She asked plainly and Sonic's ears folded. What's going on? He thought. "We're eating out." He replied as he carried her bridal style then run off towards the city.

But they didn't know hat someone was watching them from the shadows. "Faker."

"We're here." Sonic said as they stopped in front of a diner and drop Amy gently. "Thanks." She replied as both of them went in and sat down. "Can I take your order?" The waitress asked them as Sonic ordered chili dogs while Amy pancakes and got there. "So what is it you wanna talk about?" She asked the blue hedgehog who rub his back. "Well er... It's really hard to explain though." He said as Any sighed and she leaned a bit forward then holding his hands.

"Come on, just tell me, it isn't that bad." She told him as Sonic was shocked a bit she's not that crazy about telling something to her. But as the two were talking, the black hedgehog with red steaks in his quills was outside in the shadows, spying them on and he couldn't help but control his anger in. Gritting his teeth and his fists clenching and unclenching. Sighing calmly, he decided to see what the outcome would be, but they doesn't seem to look to be in a dating state right now.

"Uh... Okay. You will understand and not get mad right?" Sonic said as Any rolled her eyes and sighed. "Okay fine. Now tell me." She said, her voice stern and Sonic finally said it. "Amy, sorry to tell you this but.... You're not the one I love. Sure I like you as a friend or even a sibling. But you're not much worth for my heart and you're too clingy, too.... You know what you can be. I like you that way and just that. But I love someone now." He explained, feeling nervous about what her reaction will be.

Amy's eyes intensifies as she lowered her head and let out little tears from the corners of her eyes. Sonic tried to look under. "Hey... Are you okay?" He asked comforting as she raised her head up and see tears flowing down. Sniffing a bit then wiping her eyes, she let out a small smile, like she's happy and glad. "I'm glad you told me the truth Sonic." She said, blushing slightly. Sonic tilted his head confused. "W-Why?" He asked her.

"It seems wether I'm around you, you don't like much having much attention from me. And whenever I insisted you to come with me somewhere, you would accept but not feel good about it. I understand that Sonic but to tell you the truth that it still hurts inside that you don't love me. But I appreciated that we're liking each other as friends though." She explained which surprised the blue hedgehog. "You mean it?"

"Yes I do. Besides, all your lovey dovey actions takes place onto Shadow's heart right?" She said, smirking and this made him blush. "W-What would you think of that?" He asked her and she giggled slightly. "Well, I was observing you two, you two were cute being with together and I might know you're not the guy I am destined with. Besides, the thing that I am going to tell you is that I love someone to rather than you." She added, sighing dreamily as Sonic tilted to the opposite side.

"Who is this guy?" He asked her and Amy this time blushed. "W-Well... He's cool, loves to play drums. And even though he gets arrested at times, he still gets out by money. But I love him already." She explained as Sonic finally got the idea. "Manic? You liked Manic?"

"Of course! Right now I call him Mannikku even though he tells me not to call him that but he still likes it!" She said blushing playfully and Sonic sighed relieved. "Thank goodness that's all over! Thank you Amy!" He said shaking her head grateful and Amy smiled. "No probs, also How I knew you liked a Shadow is your affection towards him, nobody told me but I just knew and totally keep it in." She added winking. Sonic hugs her suddenly in a friendly way.

"Thank you!" He shouted that almost heard from the outside. She giggled. The black hedgehog outside growled intensely. "That blue idiot must've taken her now. How dare she." He grumbled before walking away. "We stay friends?" Sonic asks her pulling away as she nodded. "Yes, we stay friends." She replied. Now the blue hedgehog had a chance towards Shadow, but the other one misunderstood their talk, now what will be the purpose of this event?