34. Spicy Bonds

The idea of this chapter came from @DeathViper sorry I didn't tag you ealier bro

Sonic and Shadow had been unusually quiet once it were just the two of them in the lounge room. Tails was getting a bit uncomfortable by their silence and he went to his laboratory to finish a machine of his. Sonic wanted to follow but his fellow fox friend told him to not leave their 'guest' alone and as Rouge says, he talk to him.

"So, um...how's it going, Shadow?" Sonic asks awkwardly, not used to having an alone time in the house with Shadow. "I'm good. I guess." He replies, not looking straight at him. Sonic scanned his eyes around the roon and scratched his head.

"Rouge told me, you don't like seeing a psychiatrist huh?" He implies. "Yes." Shadow states briefly. The blue hedgehog sighs and went closer to Shadow, putting his hand on his and Shadow flinched, but didn't remove it.

"Look, I know we both aren't used to be cope up in one room, talking awkwardly and stuff. How about we go out and eat?" Sonic asks.

"You mean, like a date?" Shadow implies, looking a bit surprised. "H-huh?! Oh... Um yeah, like a date." He admits, face palming himself to cover up his stupidity and his blushing.

That's not a bad idea, it might be easier for me to talk to Faker as well, Shadow thought and smiled inwardly.

"Sure we can go out. And eat if that's what you presume." He replied, now smiling a real smile. Sonic looks up, tilts his head and Shadow thought of this as a cute gesture.

"R-really? You want to?" He asks. Shadow nods and Sonic doesn't know what to react, but put on his signature smirk and sighed. "I guess it's a date then."
~*~*~*~*~*~

"What place do you wanna eat to?" Sonic asks, the two of them walking down the streets, holding hands. Not minding that people are staring at them.

"I don't know any other food places in the city since I'm coped up on missions and office work, so why don't you choose?" Shadow asks, looking at him lovingly. "There's this new restaurant opening this hour. Maybe we can go there and take on the menu?"

"It sounds nice enough. Whenever you like it, Sonic." He chuckles. "How do you know so much about these food openings? That's how much you like food?"

"I always run around the city and, hey I'm a food lover you don't get to taste delicious, expensive food everyday. And besides, I'm getting stuffed with chilidogs." Sonic replies. Shadow jokingly gasps and Sonic winks.

"Just kidding! Chilidogs are the top of my food cycle!" Sonic says, giggling to himself. Shadow couldn't help but pinch his cheeks, which he winced and rubbed the numb part, glaring at Shadow.

"Ow, that hurt." Sonic says, pouting and have that anime teardrop. Shadow laughs out loud (lol) and rubbed his cheek soothingly. "I'm just messing with you, Faker. You faced more than just one pinch on the cheek." He replied.

Sonic still pouting, walked ahead to the new restaurant as Shadow followed him from behind. They reached their destination and saw a lot of people inside. "Wow, that's a lot of people inside." Sonic says awed. Shadow hold his arm and looks away, not used to being social or having a lot of people around him.

The other look at him, his expression weaved with worry. "Not used to so many people?" He states, and Shadow nods shyly. He was only used to the company of other people who he'd known for a bit. The blue blur put his hand on his shoulder and reassured him to calm himself and it'll all be fine.

For a few huffs and puffs, the duo came in but Shadow immediately dropped Sonic's hand when he opens the door for him, trying not to act too gentlemanly. Sonic picked a table for them and chose the one just near the window pane and near the counter from the right. After settling down, he stood up and told Shadow to wait as he take an order on the counter.

Shadow put his hands on the table and looks around the place. It sure had some fancy decorating and setting. He also noticed that majority of the people eating here were couples, he look out the window.

His blue companion came back an hour later, with a waiter trailing behind holding two trays of their food and put it down on the table. Sonic pulled up a wad of money and handed it to the waiter then gave him a tip, before walking away. "Here Shadow," he told him putting a plateful of spicy food infront of him, as Shadow stared at it for a long time.

"Um you shouldn't stare at the food prepared for you, ya know. Try and taste it." Sonic tells him, handing him a fork and knife. Well he wasn't much of an etiquette expertise but Shadow sliced his knife on the food, pick up a fork of it then shove it in his mouth.

For a record of five seconds, Shadow immediately spit the food out and felt his tongue burn. "Ack. What the hell is this?!" He exclaims and Sonic looks at him, aware he might cause attention. "It's spicy food, they prepare here spicy stuff." He explains, taking another bite and moaning at its savory.

Shadow pushed the plate away from him and frowned. "I hate spicy food."

"It's because you just tasted it the first time. You gotta try and finish your meal, haven't your boss or whoever raised you taught you that?" Sonic states, almost finishing his spicy meal.

Shadow paused once he remembered his creator, Gerald Robotnik. He tried not to get too much of that in his head and stared down at the food. He imagined Maria bringing food like this to him and told him to eat. It breaks his heart when she saw his reaction to the first time tasting it. He glance at Sonic who was finished and famished at his meal.

Picking up his fork, he then pick the food then shove he food in his mouth once again, enduring the hot and spiciness, but for a few seconds he felt himself enjoying it also, as he take another bite of it. He even moaned which Sonic heard of and chuckles. "Delicious right?" He tells him, finishing his juice drink.

Shadow managed a nod as he finished his food, the spiciness staying in his tongue. "See? Not bad right? Once you learned to savor it, you'll be able to enjoy it." Sonic adds and Shadow puts up a smirk. "And who told you that?"

"Why the one and only, me of course." He replies in a cocky way which made laughter from his companion. "Of course." Shadow restates and Sonic smiled at his humbly. "Finished your food yet? We've got a lot to do today."

Shadow raised a brow. "Impatient are we?" Sonic rolled his eyes.

After a few minutes later, the two head out and Sonic pulled his hand as they run out of the city. Even thought he was curious, Shadow now enjoyed being dragged by him to some place he wanna go. The two stopped over a tall cliff just near the bay where the sun almost sets. They settled themselves on the edge, their feet dangling and made a fine statement on the view. Sonic's hand came across Shadow's and once he touch it, he made a bashful blush.

Shadow saw this movement and smiled comfortably, blushing slightly. "You know, whenever the time comes that you forget about all of us. Just remember to look at the sun or this view." Sonic explains, heaving out a sad sigh.

"You do know the heart that beats never forgets right?" Shadow tells him, scooting closer and let out a sincere smile. Sonic smiles back and look back with loving eyes. "And who told you that?"

"By the one and only me, of course." Shadow replies with a slight chuckle and Sonic along with it too. "I know you can fight him Shadow, I know you don't give in and get manipulated that easily." He says with a reassuring look. The black hedgehog wasn't sure if he can handle it, but for him to be strong he only nodded.

Sonic out his face near him and made a stern look. "Promise me Shadow, you will fight him."

Shadow look back, not entirely sure but for him, he nodded again. Sonic wasn't a bit convinced but it'll do as he let go of him. He knew deep inside him, he will fight.