29. Cave of Wonders

A few minutes later, the group reached what look like a rocky cave with a wide entrance to go in. It was hollow and dark inside and when one of them tries to echo, it would go on forever. "I would go in to scout while you follow." Omega says as he started to marched up infront of them, followed by Rouge, Shadow and Sonic's group.

The armed robot used its censor beam to light up their way, while the others had flashlights with them. The cave was eerily silent and it sent shivers from all of them (except for Omega of course). "What do you think if we can reach to our destination in this state?" Sonic decides to ask. "Well, it would be a risk for us to be able to reach there, but I wouldn't think it would take us there quickly." Shadow responded, not turning around.

Sonic shrugged and kicked small rocks to cease out his boredom. For the past ten minutes they witness nothing unusual and clearly it was boring as hell. "I think going to this mission is a bad idea." Knuckles comments and Sonic smirks. "Well, what bad can possibly happen?"

And at that, the cave started to shake underneath them, causing them to stop. Then the shaking ceased out leaving them fazed. "You do know things can go bad if you quote that." Shadow told him, narrowing his eyes at the blue one who chuckled nervously. "Sorry."

"Let's just continue without anymore more interference." Omega once again chimed as they followed on silently. For a few minutes, they noticed the sudden change inside of the cave as the dull, rocky surface has morphed into reflecting, smooth rock surfaces. Rouge was fascinated and started to near the walls and palming them, her eyes shining like jewels.

"I bet inside this cave have precious jewels they can offer me for." She comments, looking at the guys with a huge grin. "You'll never leave that attitude of yours even we're on missions as tense as this." Knuckles replies.

Sonic neared the black hedgehog and walked side by side with him. "So... Will we be able to handle this mission and take what the commander asks to?"

As expected, Shadow gave him a look before looking straight and ignoring him. Sonic put his arms behind him and nudged him again. "Answer me this Shadow, do you really want to take this mission? Because by the look in your face, you don't seem to like this very much," he sighs, "or is it just that you don't like me around?"

Shadow was taken back by the question and look down his shoes. What was the reason why can't look at him straight in the eye. "It's not you Faker, just this mission." He replied. "This is a difficult task that the Commander commands us to, and one of the most unsuccessful that is. He given us this mission before, but he take that back and told us this was very, very difficult." He adds.

"Oh." Sonic mouths, still not pleased with the answer but contained himself from asking more. Finally, they stopped to what look like is an even bigger portion of the hollow cave. Except, it even looked like a chamber.

The walls were smooth and unusually shiny, there was a hollow light passing through from the ceiling and a small spring right in the middle. "Whoa. This place is..." Tails says, speechless but, awed. Shadow pushes Omega a bit and got first, to see its real view. With ad,s crossed, he scanned the whole area as they others ushered in. "This seems to be a pretty decent place, for a mission." Rouge comments, still grinning.

"I don't know about your commander, b there's nothing dangerous about this place either." Sonic tells and which his team couldn't help but agree more. "But stay on your guard, you don't know what might happen around here." Shadow reminds them, marching forward. Tails started looking around as well, probably looking for hints and such.

"The WonderLust gem is here?" Tails asks himself. "Well, probably. But keep your hopes up Tails, I'm sure we'll find it in no time." Sonic tells him, making him jump. "R-right."

"What's the matter buddy? Anything wrong?" He asks him as Tails look around the chamber then stare at Sonic. "W-well... I'm having this really bad feeling." He replied. Sonic thinks for a bit and looks at his buddy with squinting brows. "You're right, something's not right here." He says and he looks over Shadow who was scouting along with Omega.

"You think that antidote potion whatever will help it cease Shadow's evil attitude?" He whispered to Tails who nodded. "I think so, it might not be the cure for it, but it'll help him calm down and slowing it until we see a cure for it." He responds as Sonic nods. "What if I give it to him now? It's the perfect opportunity since we wouldn't be seeing him anytime soon."

"Sure, if he takes it." Tails takes something out of it tails and handed Sonic what look like a glass tube with a transparent fluid in it. This is it? Sonic thoughts and looks at Tails who gave him an encouraging smile and he nodded, smiling. Leaving Tails to do some searching, he got to Shadow who just in time, was about to talk to him too.

"Me and Tails thought that maybe we can make you something to... uhh... slowing and somewhat calming your spikes down." Sonic explains, smiling cheekily as he hands him the tube. Shadow picks it and takes a look. "Like an antidote?"

"Not actually a cure for it, but it'll do." Sonic says and Shadow looks at him, for a moment there they look straight in the eyes, both blushing but Shadow looked away first. "I... appreciate this offer." He tells him. "Anytime Shadster." Sonic replied.

After their making up moment, Knuckles found a secret passageway from where Rouge and Omega are scouting and the group went in. They found lots of fascinating, wonders from around each tunnel they went.

"The WonderLust gem sure have a nice, sparkly home." Rouge says while flying above them. "Just make sure you don't steal or do anything that can lead us to our doom." Shadow says, hovering in his shoes and Rouge giggles. "I'll handle it."

"From on here, the machine picks up really high signals." Tails says while flying above. "Let me see it Tails." Sonic says, running from down below and his buddy lowered down to show it to him. "Whoa you're right. It's off the charts."

"We're almost there, I can feel it in my sensors." Omega chimed and everybody followed. Rouge was enjoying her time flying from above. She can see from down below that Sonic's trying his best to near Shadow and try to talk him out on it, but she sees something shining in Shadow's quills. She'll mind it later but for now, that gem's all she gotta look at.

Knuckles was seeing what batgirl was looking at as he look down from where he was gliding and saw her staring at something poking out of Shadow's quills. It look familiar somehow. Could that be the antidote Sonic and Tails made for Shadow? Huh, Sonic really makes his job seriously. But the red male echidna somehow sensed trouble coming in their way, and they wouldn't even notice it.