12. Change of thoughts

Two days after, the two hedgehogs were getting along very well. But Shadow can be grumpy and sometimes ignore Sonic's pleads for him. The gang noticed their aura has change a little. They often see Shadow smile whenever Sonic does something funny, a clumsy act or even, cuteness but tends to hide it.

"Hey Sonic!" Tails called out towards the blue hedgehog who skidded to a stop after a morning jog out. "Yeah? What is it?" Sonic replied, putting his hands on his hips and a curious expression on his face. "How about you tell us about the aura between you and Shadow?" Tails said smirking menacingly as Sonic look at him as if he were doing something mischief.

"Aww you buddy seem to tease me a lot now eh?" He said ruffling his bangs as Tails tried to shove his hands away. "Yeah, yeah. Its weird though how you and Shadow get along that easily. Even after the 'incident'." He explained as Sonic rub his nose and replied. "Heh I couldn't even bring him to one of the places where we discovered those delicious fruit trees! He said its just a myth but its true!" Sonic whined as Tails chuckle.

"You really have to give him the urge to go didn't you?" "Yeah, he was hard to persuade but he said he'll think about it." He replied smiling as Tails smiled eagerly. "Hmm... I noticed before you can't even persuade to do things you wanted to do, either he goes to GUN or do shoot practice. But now, you drag him wherever he go." He added which earned a blush from Sonic who was looking away and scratching his back.

"Yaaaaahhhhhh."

"Well come on now Sonic, I didn't call you for only that. But that new chili dog restaurant you were talking about and excited to go is opening later and a bunch of people will be stampeding in." Tails said which Sonic suddenly straighten his posture and grab his companion's arm. "Come on buddy, there's no time to waste! Away!" The blue hedgehog said as he came speeding towards the north direction, causing the tao tailed fox being flown but gripped tightly on the blue one's hand.

"Slow down!"

~*~*~*~*~*~

Shadow was outside his back yard of the manor, his gun pointed forward, one eye open the other closed, a bit of his tongue sticking out as he focused his aim towards the two yard length far of his target. He smirked as he cocked the gun then his bullet zoomed off, earning a bullseye for the target. He felt a lot better when he now practice.

"Woah Shadow, that was impressive." A female, bit flirty voice said from above as he look up and saw the white bat, flying down from the sky, holding a traveling bag with her. "Oh Rouge you're here." Shadow said as he focused once again towards the target as he did a three in a row bullseye. (O.O Dang that was amazing)

Rouge at this smirked. "You're getting better and better by the tine now." She said, scooting towards him as he paused first. "Um yeah." He replied, about to cock the gun when Rouge said, "is this about blue boy?"

"Gah!" He suddenly drop his gun causing his shot to go towards a tree, almost hitting a climbing squirrel by an inch! "Woah calm down Shadow, I didn't meant to startle you like that." She said a bit surprised by the sudden outburst of her friend. Shadow was crouch towards the ground, he panted as he tried to get some air then straighten his posture. "You sure do love startling people like that." He grumbled glaring at her earning a chuckle towards the white bat.

"Hehe, what can I say? I'm the element of surprise. Especially when Knuckles seems off." She said as the black hedgehog rolled his eyes. "What are you doing here anyway? And what's with that traveling bag? I'm not letting you stay in my manor." He said as Rouge giggled. "That's not what it is silly. I'm here to simply invite you over for the upcoming beach party at Spagonia." She said with a wink. "Why would you want me to be there?" He asked.

"Well, we actually all planned it. Except for you and Sonic since it will be special." She said, licking her lips and sent a shiver up his spine. "Eew Rouge, stop doing that infront of me." He said. "Also if that's tomorrow I can't come, me and faker are going to that forest he said where he took bite of those 'fruits' and I'll prove to him its just a myth." He added. This amused her. "Don't worry Grumpy pants, its on Saturday this week. And wait a minute, your now hanging out with blue boy? How interesting." She said.

Shadow hearing this blushed lightly, but he hide it well, by not facing her completely. "I-I'm still thinking about it Rouge, don't assume." He said. "Oh I won't assume, Shady. Well please tell Sonic about the invitation. Tails nor Knuckles didn't told him cause they, or we want you to tell him for us." She explained. "Don't try hiding those blushes Shadow cause you know whether I see there's a gay around here."

"I'm no gay!" Shadow defended earning a laugh from the female. "Yeah, yeah. If you wanna talk to him, he's at that opening of the new chili dog resto. Well Toodles!~" she said flying back up in the air. Shadow watch her go. He shake his head as he pick up his gun.

"I think I'll go."