39. Plans

Continuing on...

"Well, I hate to tell this but sometime's he is a quitter." Knuckles grumbled as Amy and him were searching for Sonic. And which he received a painful smack from behind from her.

"Well at least he thinks about it and gets the job done, unlike you who just nags all the time." Amy says and Knuckles shot her a glare.

"I'm just noticing that he's been moody lately. He get all depressed whenever Shadow is gonna lose it. And now that Shadow's lost it, we know what happened next." Well Knuckles had a point on that.

"I've been noticing that too, but Knuckles. He needs all our help in this, we tried to understand him from the beginning until those two admitted to each other. Now you're just giving him insults." She pointed out.

"Yeah, but this feels like we're in some kind of love sick story about gay hedgehogs." The echidna replied, but Amy hadn't heard him as she saw a figure sitting under the shade of a tree.

"That's Sonic!" Amy ran hurriedly and Knuckles followed behind. Once they were there, Sonic slumping under a tree with fruits shaped like red hearts. And he was holding one, throwing it up in the air then catching it. He made a glance and saw them standing there and watching him.

"I'm so messed up, am I?"

"Yes, yes you are." Knuckles states, then Amy elbowed him hard. Sonic sighed and put down the fruit. She went to his side and rest a hand on his shoulder.

"I just, feel bad this all happened. It always happens. When I want and try to accomplish something, it goes all wrong and I think I failed it." He explains.

"Then a miracle happens which motivates you to go on and save the day, no matter how powerful the villain is." Knuckles butted in. "Yeah, sort of. But I think I'm gonna lose it."

"You already lost it." Amy shot him a glare. Knuckles then went to his side, arms crossed and looking down at Sonic all superior-like. Then Knuckles sighed.

"It's not that I'm trying to put you down. I'm telling all facts so that you should realize you can't stop fighting. You have many things to do, you have so many potential and that you use it up. This should be a challenge for you, now that you have another important reason to fight for. Not just for the whole world, but for Shadow." He expressed in a manner which a guardian should speak which surprised the other two.

"What?"

"Knuckles, have you been eating something? Or having a good mood today? Because your speech always boosts me up." Sonic said, his surprise not fading.

"E-eh? N-nothing...because you look like a depressed person and...you look stupid." Knuckles says, giving him an unsteady glare.

Amy giggled and Sonic suppressed a friendly smile. "Aw, ol' Knuxy caring for his friend? I never knew you had a heart Knuckles."

"Oh, shut up." He replied and walked away.

"But you do know, he's got a point. I'm surprised he's acting all smart now." She says, still surprised.

"Yeah, I thought he's still an idiot for a guardian for a friend." Sonic snickered and Knuckles shouted incoherent words at them and they both just laughed.

"I think, I feel good now." The blue hedgehog stood up and Amy smiled, looking up at the hero she used to know. "That's the spirit! We will find a way to get Tails and Shadow back then how we could defeat Soreth." She told him, a look of determination in her eyes.

Sonic then look at the fruit he was holding and smiled. "I've already came up with a plan."
~*~*~*~*~*~

A bright, menacing light emerged from the crumbling buildings. The figure looked down at its perfect destruction and placed a satisfied smirk on his face. He looked at his own hands and stared at the golden inhibitor rings cuffed on his wrists. He frowned in disgust and removed them. Feeling a wavering sensation going through him, he smiled once again and dropped the rings to the ground. The power freely flowing and feeding him to make him even more powerful and that he can overcome anything on his way.