16. Beach Party

Media: meronabar.tumblr.com

In their fourth day in Spagonia is where the party began. By the beach, almost every people in the city are having fun. Splashing by the bay, dancing around or eating anything is much as party people do. But there is one certain someone who never like to attend in such irrational parties like this.....

"Come on Shadow! It would be fun!" Sonic called out to the already grumpy Shadow the Hedgehog, whose stubbornly not getting up and out of the bed and covered himself with his blanket. "Hmph!" He humphed in reply while throwing sim a pillow as the blue hedgehog dodged it right away. "Is this gonna be this hard to wake you up? I thought we agreed on this."

"I don't like going to that damn beach party of yours and you're not going to make me." Shadow muttered loudly. Sonic sighed frustratingly but then smirked as he thought of an idea. "Well sure alright, I'm gonna go down and have some breakfast with the others and go beach partying," He told him. Then going out towards the door, "and have some fun~" added that singsonged. He slammed the door shut as Shadow sat up as log as he was gone.

He sighed and finally thought he was alone. He got out of bed and began to stare in a trance when suddenly, the window opened and Sonic came jumping in and grabbed him. "Got you!" He shrieked which cause Shadow to squirm and Sonic tried to reach for the door but the other one fought back. After a lot of squirming and fighting, Shadow managed to get out and roundhouse kick him as Sonic slammed onto a wall. Shadow take that shockingly. "Faker!" He shot up as he went to him and tried to look if Sonic have any wounds caused by his own fight.

Sonic opened his eyes to see Shadow looking very concerned at him as he let out a weak smirk. "W-Wow... Never thought of Shadow being all concerned to me." He muttered which surprised the other one and immediately stood up. He other one frowned as he shake his head. "Just get up." He told him sharply as Sonic stood up dusting himself off. "No offering any help?"

"Want me to not go or stop bothering me?" Shadow asked narrowing his eyes towards him still frowning as Sonic shake his head. "I stop bothering you," then added, "see you later~" he singsonged as getting out of the room. Shadow rolled his eyes as he started to clean up the room, getting himself prepared as he also went out of the room.
~*~*~*~*~*~

By mid morning, everybody were all in the beach. Doing like what parties do. Rouge and Knuckles were having fun on the water playing beach volley, Tails and Cream making a grand sand castle, with the help of Amy's decorating styles. The two twins busy rocking out their instruments for the party as everyone enjoying and singing along to their tunes. Silver and Blaze are like a really cute and lovely couple, looking over the beach or walking in the shore, holding hands.

Sonic was sitting by the shore, but not to close to the water as he sighed. I really hate water...

"I thought you'd go out there and enjoy yourself?" A voice disrupted his peaceful moment which startled Sonic. Turning around he saw Shadow holding a basket, beach blanket and floaties as he placed them beside Sonic. Then standing beside him crossing his arms and cringing. "Yeah I'm enjoying myself here ya know." Sonic answered, but really he was lying. He felt really nervous.

Shadow can read the expression of nervousness on his face as he sighed then said. "I know that you have a fear of water hedgehog. No denying it, it's in our nature." He said looking over by the beach which is very hot in temperature. Sonic only looked away shyly feeling ashamed of his fear of swimming, cause even though Shadow's a hedgehog he still ain't afraid of waters or swimming in it (even Silver and Amy).

Shadow put his hand on his shoulder and trying to give him a convincing look even though he can't smile that much. "Look. It's alright to being scared of what you fear for, it's in everybody's nature you know? There are no living beings who aren't afraid of anything." He explained to him, which cause Sonic to look up and processing in what he is saying, seeing him look over the horizon. "'Bout you Shadow? Are you afraid of something(s)? Just a little bit?" He asked and Shadow just didn't replied.

Sonic started to regret he asked that as suddenly, he hold his hand. "I can teach you how to swim." Shadow said ordinarily. Sonic only stared at him in surprise. "W-What?"
"You heard me. I. Can. Teach. You. How. To. Swim." Shadow said one by one as Sonic stood up and chuckled. "Alright, alright I get it okay?" He said, then stopped. "Are you serious?"

"Do I sound like I'm joking to you ever Faker?" Shadow retorted giving him a glare. Sonic wanna stop this so he agreed. "S-Sure. O-Okay." He said voice shaking. Shadow nodded as he grab the floaties (the round life saver thing) and put it on to Sonic. Sonic was a bit surprised in the same time embarrassed. "Shadow! I can do this without the floating thing!" He whined as Shadow shake his head. "I've seen how you tried to swim in water faker, but you can't convince me on to removing. In case you wanna drown while I teach you?"

"Fine." And he pouted, causing Shadow to make a non visible small grin and chuckling quietly as he gestured him to stand up. The both of them went towards the shore as Shadow got in the shallow water. He turned around seeing the blue hedgehog tipping his toes in the cold water and letting it touch or not. "Come on, it ain't gonna hurt you." Shadow called out. Sonic is still aware of the thought that he may drown and die to death, but he have been in several waters, deeper than this beach from one of his adventures, and saving his friends too. Why is he scared now?

The others noticed them as Manic started to call out. "Woohoo! You can do it Sonic!" He shouted. "Yeah! Don't let the water get into you!" Knuckles followed which Sonic gave them the 'really' face but at the same time, embarrassed he is seen like this. "Don't mind them, focus if you either swim or sink." Shadow told him, cutting them off. He went to him and hold both hands causing the other one to blush lightly. Then Shadow gently dragged Sonic towards the shallow water which he is shaking.

"Come on." Shadow said soothingly trying his best to not frighten himself. Sonic then tried, but gave him a jumpy feeling as the water rises up to his knees. (I feel bad, I made Sonic a coward here :P oh well)

"You won't let go of me Shadow?" He asked out. "You have floaties faker. First I still hold you when I teach you. But when you are going to do it, it's all by yourself now. If you wanna be a great hero you need to learn how to swim." Shadow replied as Sonic nodded. The others from afar cheered for them. The black and red hedgehog taught him the technics and basics of swimming and Sonic have learned them easily. Even if Shadow isn't holding him anymore, he swim (but with the floaties)

When it's time to swim without he floaties, Sonic was much afraid now and won't clung off Shadow but the other one told him he'll still be beside him, but not touching each other so he can do it all by himself. Gently removing them and throwing them to shore, Shadow brought Sonic to the deep part of the beach near the shore where there are a lot people there. "I can do this." Sonic reminded himself.

He then began to paddle at first then did strokes in the water as he swam gracefully. Shadow only nodding and was actually glad he taught his rival on how to swim and not be afraid anymore. They got to the shallow shore. "Thanks for everything you taught to me Shadow." Sonic told him one last time as Shadow responded with a nod. The sun was almost setting down the horizon. Both of them sat down and watched. Shadow's hand slowly went towards Sonic's hand and putting it on top of his but Sonic hadn't noticed by now.

"Today's great." Sonic said again sighing. Shadow look down and removed his hand from his, thinking what he have been doing. In so much deep thought, somebody splashed water from his face causing him to jump startled.

Sonic was laughing his butt off the shore. Shadow glared and growled as he attacked him too with a large splash of water. It felt a bit cold so Sonic make a challenging smirk. "Is that war I hear eh?" He challenge. Shadow grinned evilly at him. The two then began splashing each other with water from the beach, then began to chase each other around like old buddies. Then wrestling in the water or the sand.

The others watched seeing it like a romantic type of sight. Tails, Knuckles and Amy's smiles were up to their ears. While Rouge's was grinning too, seeing that her theory could come up soon. The others were just watching them like they were enemies who became friends. The two hedgehog rolled down on the sand, Shadow on the bottom and Sonic on top, both of them laughing like idiots. Their noses touch a don faces inches from each other. Having red cheeks shows embarrassment as shadow pushed Sonic off him and dusted because he saw their friends staring at them.

Sonic still have that quirky smile of his and chuckling as both of them walked to their friends to eat. But the two only did now is stare at each other shyly.