35. Perfect Pawn

The black hedgehog was still staying at Tails' place and was spending his time with the fastest thing alive. That morning, Shadow was in the kitchen busy cleaning out the dishes while Sonic was sitting on the couch like a lazy boy, flipping the channels of the tv and continuously being bored.

"Shadow, you said something about this demon living inside your soul or something. He had a past of being a gladiator of some sort and you mentioned his name...what is it again?"

"Soreth. I already hate that name."

"Right. So about that, have you ever asked egghead how you happened to have Soreth in your head all the time?" Sonic's question hit him, which was the reason he look back and gave him a look.

"I mean, don't you ever wonder how that Soreth guy actually got into your head? Started to manipulate you and show some weird vision or dreams and then control you to obliterate us all?" Sonic continued, not stopping on pushing the buttons of the tv remote. Shadow got back to doing what he was doing and he thought deeply.

Am I interrupting something? Beyond from that, Shadow almost snorted. The black hedgehog would mostly like to know how Soreth got attach to him, and as if reading his thoughts the vengeful gladiator's chuckle echoed in his mind.

You want the answer on how I got attach to you? Pretty simple, you're the perfect pawn.

Pawn to what? I've had been manipulated, tortured, fooled by, used and any torment of punishment had been put up my whole life. I've been through the worst, and you wanted me to be the pawn to your most destructive well being?

Seems like you've been coping up Shadow, a steady sigh escaped from the gladiator himself and as if his bloody red eyes stared back at Shadow, he felt goosebumps all over his skin. But you need more clues to finding out my real intentions with you. For now I'd like you to know you're my perfect pawn, to my pathway to destruction and full power.

And I'd most likely to differ to that offer. Shadow narrowed his eyes into slits particularly to no one.

Sonic stopped talking and saw that Shadow became still quiet, which was eerily suspicious and very nerve rising. So he decided to crept up from behind and poke his shoulder to gain attention. Shadow suddenly jumped back from shock, only to see him beside, heaved a relieved sigh and glared back at him.

"What were you just doing?" He shot back, which made the other uneasy. "You were suddenly quiet after I asked you my last question and you went still. Something wrong?" Sonic asks, ignoring the fact that Shadow almost snapped at him for just merely creeping up behind him.

No one couldn't blame him though.

"I appreciate your concerns for me, but I think I'm good." Shadow replied, calming down after knowing Sonic was just as concerned about him. "You know, you could always tell me if anything happens in your mind...it could be cool to hear someone talking inside your head so that you wouldn't have to be alone."

You have no idea, Shadow thought and decided to not argue with him further. Once he was done with his job, he joined Sonic into the living room, sitting comfortably on the couch and having his eyes closed for a minute. Sonic went closer to him and explained that he wasn't just staying over because he could rest, Shadow needed to talk to someone about his problems occurring inside his head.

The black hedgehog would be very hesitant to tell all about what's happening with him, otherwise the two trust each other and they were very inseparable about it. With a bit of second thoughts, Shadow started to explain to Sonic all of what's happening in his head. Right after he was done explaining Sonic made a sour face and begins to think. "That sounds bad...you're some kind of puppet to him. And maybe that's his intention?"

Don't Touch Me (DISCONTINUED)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें