Chapter 17 - Scene 3

We carried on with our planned HIIT cardio workout, but a lack of motivation was looming above our treadmills. Well, that and a rickety ceiling fan that we bet would fall on somebody's head at some point during the year. My guess was December.

During my mid-morning snack, I was summoned to the training room.

Chewing a protein bar, I walked into the room. "What's up? Remy said you guys were looking for me."

"Not sure myself," said Vik. "Shaniqua just grabbed me."

Shaniqua stretched out her neck. "We have a serious issue that needs to be addressed."

"If you're referring to Viola's broccoli farts," said Vik. "I agree."

"Umm, how can any reminder to eat your veggies be an issue?" I asked.

"Shut it, you two!" said Shaniqua. "We are not ready for the marathon and without a trainer we won't make it past the halfway point. I suggest we drop out."

"I can lick my elbow," offered Remy.

Vik turned to Remy in confusion. "That comment was as pointless as an Arby's sandwich, but I agree that we aren't ready."

Shaniqua looked at me, anticipating my thoughts. "Do you have anything to add, Viola?"

I inhaled deeply and looked up at the ceiling. "I've seen Remy lick his elbow, it's very impressive."

"Viola!"

"Fine. Let's quit."

The word disappointed could have easily been tattooed on my forehead. The truth was that I was still up for running the marathon, but I couldn't have done it without them and their support.

Please don't forget to vote, comment, share :P

P.S. Please add this to your reading list ;)

and Join The Fitness Guild: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361442074272412/