Chapter 14 - Scene 6

Zeta sat me down at the dining table next to Christos as Lina and Tonia brought out several Greek dishes.

Tonia smiled. "I hope you have room for dessert, I made my special brownies for Christos."

"You also dropped the batter on the kitchen floor," Lina added. "Aren't you going to tell them that?"

Tonia's smile quickly faded.

"That's all right, Tonia," I said. "I once ate cheesecake off a dustpan." Lina rolled her eyes, dropping off a plate of spanakopita's.

After several more dishes were placed on the table, the five of us were finally seated and ready to eat.

Zeta looked over at me. "Do you prefer red or white, Viola?" She rose from the table to grab a bottle of wine.

"Oh, I'm good. No wine for me."

"Red it is," Zeta said, pouring a full glass of wine and handing it to me.

Christos smiled warmly. "Zeta never takes no for an answer. She is the type of person who always says yes to everything."

"Yeah," said Lina. "It's a miracle she hasn't gotten pregnant yet."

"Lina, you're just jealous!" Zeta bit back. "When was the last time a man touched you?"

Lina rolled her eyes and scooped food into her mouth. "You have a point. Maybe I should follow in your footsteps and spread my legs and bend over for every man I meet on a dating app."

In a furious rage, Zeta leaped from her seat and threw her glass of wine into Lina's face. Red wine slid down her cheek and onto her blouse.

"Hey, come on, guys," said Christos. "Let's not bring dirty laundry to the dining table. You're making Viola feel uncomfortable."

I nervously took a sip of wine. "Oh, I don't mind, I feel like I'm in Downton Abbey."

Lina dabbed her face with a napkin. "Don't act so perfect, Christos. How come you haven't told Viola about Helena and how she left you at the altar?"

I choked on my wine and began coughing intensely.

"Lina, you are such a bitch!" said Zeta.

Christos gently patted my back. "Are you okay?" I nodded quietly, rising from my seat to excuse myself.

Lina gave me a dirty look and walked away from the table.

Leaning towards Christos, I asked, "Is she going to be okay?"

Zeta overheard me and replied, "She will be fine. She's a drama queen."

I looked around the table and noticed an empty seat. "Hey, where did Tonia go?"

Zeta shrugged.

I patted my lips with a napkin. "I'll go check up on her." As I left the table all I could think of were the two shocking revelations I just learned: One, Christos was left at the altar and two, I just remembered I'd forgotten to pack extra underwear."

Please don't forget to vote, comment, share :P

P.S. Please add this to your reading list ;)

and Join The Fitness Guild: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361442074272412/