Chapter 17 - Scene 4

That evening Shaniqua had a date—her first date since she and Shamar broke up, which left me and Vik left to entertain ourselves. Unfortunately, my movie choice on Netflix made Vik pass out on the couch.

Feeling distraught about the guild's unanimous decision to quit the marathon, I tiptoed to my bedroom to make a phone call, holding tightly onto my extremely loose pajamas.

"Come on, pick up... pick up," I whispered to myself, pacing back and forth in front of my unmade bed. There was no surprise when the call went to voicemail.

"Hey, you've reached Christos, leave a message and I'll get back to you... thanks." That was clearly a lie, as I'd left more messages on his phone than Taylor Swift's last stalker.

"Christos, it's Viola again for like the thousandth time... I don't even know if you're checking these messages, but if you are, right now the guild needs you... I need you. I'm not the same person I was before Barbara-Anne's death. Well, that's not true... I still re-use my underwear for more than a few days. Seriously, though, if you still love me I want you to call me. I'll be waiting."

"What if he doesn't call?" Vik asked, startling me half to death. His hair was a disaster from brushing it against the couch arm.

I tossed my phone onto the bed. "He'll call."

"Well, I'm going to bed. Do you need to borrow a pair of pajamas? Those are starting to look like clown pants. I have some blue ones you can borrow."

"Thanks, Vik, but I'm good. Besides, blue doesn't really suit me. I'm more of a vomit green or mucous yellow kind of girl."

Feeling a bit tired, I plugged in my phone, eagerly awaiting Christos's call, and went to bed.

Please don't forget to vote, comment, share :P

P.S. Please add this to your reading list ;)

and Join The Fitness Guild: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361442074272412/