Chapter 10 - Scene 3

Climbing up the stairs to my apartment, I wasn't sure what I would reach first, the doorknob or heart failure. Luckily I was able to prepare and down a protein shake and amino acids before fatigue set in.

My plan to cat nap was interrupted by a loud knock at the door. It was Shaniqua, gripping a large carry-on suitcase tightly with both hands as if she was about to detonate a bomb.

My Spidey sense was tingling. The last time Shaniqua unexpectedly stood at my door was when she needed a place to lay low after she set her neighbor's car on fire.

"Hey, Shan. You look really angry. Did somebody mistake you for that girl from Precious again?"

"Viola, I need a place to stay for a while. Can you do me a solid?" Before I could answer, she walked past me, dragging the heavy carry-on.

"Umm... sure," I replied, locking the door behind her. All of a sudden the carry-on tipped over, slamming onto my glass coffee table. "Careful, that table's from Italy!"

"Viola, I caught him in bed with that two-bit trick, Lakeesha!" Shaniqua shouted, pacing back and forth. She was shaking with anger.

"Shamar?" I asked, acting dumb.

"Who else? Oh, and get this, his excuse was that he thinks I don't treat him right. He said I verbally abused him and pushed him away. Can you believe that garbage? I have been nothing but nice to that piece-of-shit good-for-nothing asshole!"

"Okay, calm down. Want some aminos?" I asked seductively.

Shaniqua took a deep breath. "It's over. I thought he was the one." She puckered her lips and looked at me. "I need to clear my head. Can I borrow your golf club?"

"Please tell me it's for mini-golf."

"Viola, you know me better than that. I was thinking of something a little more therapeutic, like smashing the windows of Lakeesha's car."

"I'm sure you guys will work it out; you always do. Remember the time you chased him with a knife? After the doctor stitched his finger back up you guys were right as rain."

"I should have aimed for his body. Now where is that club?"

I grabbed her by the shoulders and looked her straight in the eyes. "Hey, whatever happens, I am here for you. You're welcome to stay here for as long as you need."

Shaniqua leaned back into the couch and stared blankly at the ceiling. "You know what would be perfect?

"World peace, with tolerance for all races, religions, and equality for all sexes?"

Shaniqua turned her head and mumbled, "A bucket of fried chicken."

"You know what, that would be good, too," I replied, leaning back into the couch. "You're the strongest person I know, Shan. You're going to be just fine."

I can't say that I was surprised that Shamar hooked up with Lakeesha, but I enjoyed being a little naïve. I always thought that Shaniqua would end up with Shamar, and I still do. After all, I was still in the race for Franklin's heart, so anything was possible.

Please don't forget to vote, comment, share :P

P.S. Please add this to your reading list ;)

and Join The Fitness Guild: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361442074272412/