Chapter 10 - Scene 1

❶❾❷ Lbs

November 20, 2016

After eating a Christos-approved breakfast, I received a text reminder to arrive early for a HIIT cardio session with the guild. It was a habit that we were trying to get into—HIIT cardio in the morning, weightlifting in the afternoon.

When I arrived at the treadmills, Shaniqua was the first to greet me with pleasant compliments. "Viola, you look awful, did you sleepwalk and pass out in a dumpster again?"

"I wish. No, I was up all night hopping to my Dance Mix '96 CD." I started the treadmill.

"Aminos?" Shaniqua asked just before she started her final sprint.

"Five scoops," I replied, rolling my eyes. "How was your night?"

"Fantastic, the aminos gave me the extra energy to shout at Shamar without feeling fatigue. I even broke a few dishes for dramatic effect."

"What did he do?" I asked.

"Wet towel on the bed," Shaniqua replied, huffing and puffing. She looked exhausted. "All right, my twenty minutes are up. Enjoy the rest of yours."

As Shaniqua left, I was able to see Vik on the other side. "Hi, Vik!" I said, panting like a dog. Beads of sweat were collecting onto his bandaged nose, and he looked like he could use a smile. I flipped my sweaty, greasy hair over my face and stuck my tongue out. "Can you believe I woke up like this?"

Vik looked in my direction. "Viola, your face looks like it was beaten by a tire iron."

"That can't be true, a sexual predator once told me that I could be a model."

Vik rolled his eyes and walked off the treadmill the second his time was up.

As Barbara-Anne and Remy were too far away to converse with, I quietly focused on my final sets. I couldn't help but feel a little pride—my first attempt at HIIT cardio had turned me into a walking disaster. Now I was just a sweaty mess.

Please don't forget to vote, comment, share :P

P.S. Please add this to your reading list ;)

and Join The Fitness Guild: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361442074272412/