Chapter 4 - Scene 4

As the three of us waited in the crowded hospital for Vik, I couldn't help but think about the memorable visits Franklin and I made to the ER. He was a bit of a drama queen. One time he got really angry when I accidently cut off a piece of his earlobe. In my defense, cutting hair is really hard!

"I think Remy fell asleep," Barbara-Anne said, knocking me back to reality.

"Huh? What? Oh," I replied, sitting up in my chair. I looked over at Remy and the puddle of drool he was making on his shirt collar.

Barbara-Anne stared at Remy intensely. "He has a really big head. How much pain do you think his mom endured during childbirth?"

"Barbara-Anne, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, dear." Barbara-Anne sat back in her seat. "What's on your mind?"

"Do you think I'm in over my head?"

"I think you're doing a great job."

"But I kicked Vik in the face."

"Everybody should take a kick to the face at least once. It's refreshing."

I smiled. "Your grandkids must love you."

Barbara-Anne stared up the ceiling as if she was looking into Heaven. "Oh, I have no kids. My late husband and I decided to focus on ourselves and our careers."

We sat quietly for a few seconds when suddenly Remy woke up and started screaming as if he was being murdered. After grabbing the attention of everybody in the waiting room, he drifted back to sleep.

I shot a confused look at Barbara-Anne. "Night terrors?" She shrugged her shoulders and closed her eyes. I was tired of waiting and decided to shut my eyes as well.

Please don't forget to vote, comment, share :P

P.S. Please add this to your reading list ;)

and Join the Fitness Guild: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361442074272412/