Chapter 14 - Scene 10

After five minutes of small talk I was ready to ask Christos the million-dollar question. "So... you were engaged?"

Christos came to a halt and started walking. "Yeah, I was. I don't usually talk about it, but you already know the ending, so I will tell you whatever you want to know."

"Who was Helena?" It was just me, Christos, and a bunch of questions. Thankfully there were no distractions as it was too dark outside.

"Helena was the last and only girl I fell madly in love with. My sisters hated her as she was a little controlling."

"Did that bother you?"

"No, not at all, actually. I had my hands full with helping at the house, and work, that I didn't mind having somebody tell me what to do. It was kind of a nice break."

My jaw dropped and I gasped mockingly. "Is Christos a little submissive?"

Christos laughed. "For the record, Ms. Ginamero, I'm versatile."

I burst out laughing. "Oh my, I'm clearly becoming a bad influence on you."

Christos smiled warmly and flirtatiously bumped his shoulder into mine. "Okay, what's your next question?"

"So you guys eventually got engaged, you were madly in love with her, I'm sure she felt the same way, the wedding day comes, and then what happened?"

"She never showed up. I stood alone at the altar for forty minutes before her sister announced that Helena wasn't coming. I begged her sister to tell me why, but she wouldn't reveal what Helena texted her. To this day I have no clue as to why she never showed. The whole thing feels incomplete, you know what I mean?"

I knew exactly how he felt. I'd felt the same way about how Franklin left things with me. I was done prying into Christos' past. "Let's head back. I just remembered that I left a protein bar in my gym bag and I need to rescue it before it tastes like a foot."

Christos laughed. "All right, race you back!"

Please don't forget to vote, comment, share :P

P.S. Please add this to your reading list ;)

and Join The Fitness Guild: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361442074272412/