Chapter 14 - Scene 7

Knocking gently on Tonia's door, I slowly walked in, mesmerizing myself with her dazzling walls covered in glitter, lots and lots of glitter. I was so focused on that I barely noticed the duffel bag she was filling up.

"Running away?" I said, plopping myself on her bed.

"I can't stand their fighting anymore!" she shouted. "Why can't they just get along?" I watched as she tossed socks, shoes, and a bag of oranges into the bag.

"Wait, why are you taking oranges?"

"Every day the two of them argue about something petty. Groceries, bills. Last night they had a three-hour fight about toilet paper."

"Oh, really? Was it 2-ply or 3-ply? I'm not a big fan of 3-ply. I understand that it catches more but it's just not worth the effort."

Tonia stopped, took a deep breath, and looked at me. "I've been tempted to run away for some time now."

I placed my hand on Tonia's shoulder. "We all have temptations. I personally have always wanted to throw a cactus at someone."

Tonia burst into laughter.

Christos entered the room, smiling. "What's so funny?"

I grabbed Tonia's hand. "I am dying to try your brownies. Shall we?"

Tonia nodded.

I winked at Christos as Tonia led me out of the room. Christos mouthed the words 'thank you.'

Please don't forget to vote, comment, share :P

P.S. Please add this to your reading list ;)

and Join The Fitness Guild: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361442074272412/