Chapter 60 "OH MY..."

Outside of Stone's townhouse, eight black SUVs pull up.
Stone gets up out of bed, looks out the window to see what all the noise is. When he sees all the SUVs out on the street, he becomes concerned and heads downstairs. As he reaches the bottom step, there's banging on the front door.
Stone walks over and opens it, "Peter Stone?" the guy asks.
"Yes! What's this all about?" Stone asks.
"My name is Johnson. Shaylynn sent us to protect your residence!" he tells Stone.
"Why?" Stone asks.
"A threat was made against her sister!" Johnson tells him, "If I may come in along with Greg, we'll be staying in here until Shaylynn shows up" he tells Stone.
"Shaylynn's coming?!" Stone questions him.
"Oh yes! She's not going to sit back and leave it to us!" Johnson says with a little laugh, "Especially when her family's involved."
Sam was woken up by the noise and comes downstairs, "Peter, what's going on? Who are they?"
Stone looks at her, "This is Johnson and Greg. They're associates of Shaylynn's" he tells her.
"Why are they here?" she asks.
"Ma'am, there was a threat made against you! Shaylynn sent all of us here to protect the residence until she arrives" Johnson tells her.
"ALL of you?" she questions.
Stone moves a curtain to the side, Sam looks outside "OH!" she says seeing all the SUVs.
"She does realize I can call some FBI agents to come" Sam tells Johnson.
He looks at Greg, they both start laughing.
"What's so funny?" she asks.
"Shaylynn is NOT going to rely on the FBI. No offense, Ma'am, but there's a line the FBI can't cross. WE don't have a line!" Johnson tells her.
Johnson looks at Stone. Stone sticks his hands up a little as to jester he didn't hear anything.

BANG!
BANG!
BANG!

Johnson pushes Stone to the floor, while Greg gently pushes Sam to the floor.
"SHOTS FIRED! SHOTS FIRED! THREE DOWN!" comes over Johnson's radio.
They hear screeching tires.
Johnson looks outside, "Butch, Dan, and Rob are here...." he tells Greg.
Butch radios to Johnson.....

Butch- Are you and Greg inside?

Johnson- Yes! What the hell is going on out there?

Butch- Seems multiple shooters are in the building across the street! Keep Stone and Sam covered!

BANG!

BANG!

BANG!

POP!
A window shatters....

POP!
Another window shatters.....

POP!
And then another window shatters falling to the ground below.

"SHOOTERS ARE DOWN! REPEAT, SHOOTERS ARE DOWN! ALL CLEAR!" is radioed out.
"What's that scratching noise?" Sam asks.
Stone looks at her, "There! Do you hear that?" Sam says to him as she starts walking toward the kitchen with Stone, Johnson and Greg following her.
The closer she gets to the kitchen, the louder the noise becomes. Sam walks over to the kitchen window, looks out and jumps back. Looking back at her is Shaylynn, she winks at Sam as she continues down the ladder that's attached to the fire escape.
"What is it?" Stone asks her.
"It's just my fucking sister!" Sam tells him.
"Why is she outside the kitchen window?" he asks her.
"She had her Sniper rifle, so I would say she's the one who took out the shooters" Sam says.
There's a knock at the front door. Stone heads out of the kitchen to answer it.
"SAM!" Stone yells at her.
She comes walking to the front door to see Shaylynn standing there.
"Are you okay?" Shaylynn asks her.
"Yes, but did you have to scare me at the kitchen window?" Sam asks.
Shaylynn starts laughing, "That was a bonus! Since you and Peter are alright, I'll get the guys out of your house and send the ones outside home. Of course I'm leaving a team behind just in case" Shaylynn tells Sam and Stone.
"I'll keep my team here" Johnson tells Shaylynn.
"Alright. In the morning follow Sam to work. Since she'll be in the FBI building, you shouldn't have to stick around. On second thought, thinking about what happened in the past with the shooters, you might want to stick around" Shaylynn tells Johnson.
"I'll be fine!" Sam tells her, "While you're here, how's Dave doing?"
"He made it through surgery. He's now in the ICU hooked up to a ventilator. Dr. Latham said he wants to keep him in there for 48 hours" Shaylynn tells her, "We're going to go so you two can get back to bed!" Shaylynn says motioning to Johnson and Greg.